Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Great Days

We've had some really great days lately. Friday Brett got a call from a recruiter about a great opportunity in the Dallas area. We are praying that this works out. Saturday was a divide and conquer day filled with dance and baseball. I was with Maddi at dance and I missed Cade's HOMERUN at his baseball game! Brett and Emalyn were at the game. Brett said it was awesome. There aren't any fences at their fields so you can't get an out of the park homer. Cade smashed the ball to left field and the other team didn't get to the ball until Cade got to third base. I'm so proud and happy for Cade. He pitched one inning tonight and he threw 12 pitches in the whole inning. Struck out three batters.
This litle girl was entertaining herself at the baseball game tonight putting on her lipgloss over and over. So cute and silly.
Brett and I were home and heard Emalyn having a conversation with herself. We went to see what she was doing and found this. Emalyn loves her baby dolls :)
Maddi had dance this weekend and they did well. I snapped this picture of her teen dance on Sunday. Maddi is on the back left. We got a letter in the mail Saturday that Maddi was nominated and selected by our village for a Character Counts award for the pillar of CARING. She will be recognized at the Village Board meeting in a few weeks. We are not surprised but we are incredibly proud of her!
The blurry faced one is Maddi...sitting in the splits on the stage waiting for awards. We had a little talk about sitting like a lady :)
Maddi only had one dance Sunday but it was during lunch/nap time. Emalyn had a few busy days in a row with no nap or weird nap times and she got really relaxed and fell asleep during awards.
When dance was over, we went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch/dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. We got there at 3:00 and thought it would be a great time with little to no wait. We were so wrong! There was an hour and a half to two hour wait so we decided to go to Fudruckers instead. It was a great weekend and I am so thankful to be the mom to the three most wonderful children I could ever ask for.

No comments: