Thursday, May 17, 2012

One Thing to the Next

This week is one of those weeks where I'm not sure if I'm coming or going and I'm pretty sure I'll get something wrong at some point. We go from one thing to the next with school and extra-curricular activities. Tuesday it was a baseball game for Cade, followed by a choir concert for Maddi, ending with ice cream with the family and some friends to celebrate the choir concert. I had Maddi skip dance that night to make things a little less hectic. Technically she could have gone to dance for an hour or more but I didn't see the point. Here is Cade playing short stop at his game. The runner was safe, you can see the ball almost to Cade's glove.
This little cutie pie had fun at the baseball game. There was another little girl her age there (only a few days younger than Emma) and the two of them sat together on the bleachers for the last half of the game but Emalyn never said a word to her. I had to leave the game early to get to Maddi's choir, so I asked her later if she ever talked to the girl Zoe and Emma said "No, I don't talk to her because I'm so shy." I guess we need to ler her hear us talk about her and how friendly and outgoing she is so she'll decide to be friendly rather than shy. Ugh. My only hope is that Maddi used to be extremely shy and now she is so outgoing and friendly. Let's hope Emma follows in her footsteps.
Waiting on the pitch...
Oh no...duck!
See the ball behind Cade. Would have hit him if he didn't duck down.
He ended up on base, can't remember if he got a hit or walked.
Running on to second base. I like how the 2nd baseman is smiling at Cade. Cade was playing a team that has 4 boys from his travel team on it and this is one of his friends from that team.
And he scores! They ended up in a tie game because of lightning. Cade was pitching and had struck out two batters when they called the game.
At bat again. The bat is almost on the ball.
He hit it...but it was foul! Cade has 8 games in 12 days, starting last Saturday. That's a lot of baseball! They had a game last night and they got beat to a pulp. Ended up losing like 30-3. It was the mercy rule after they were losing by 12 but we had to drive an hour to get there, so they kept playing. It was horrible. Cade couldn't catch a ball that came to him at short stop for some reason and the other players weren't fielding well either. Our pitching was horrible, except for Cade. He came in in the middle of an inning and got his 3 batters out. We couldn't hit either, they had great pitching. Cade did get a hit, didn't get on base, but got an RBI. Summer Swim Team starts next week, that should be fun to add swim team practice into the mix. Not.
We miss our neighbors, the Balls, who moved to Texas dearly. However, our new neighbors are pretty great too because they have a daughter the same age as Maddi. Maddi went over to their house when we left for baseball and they took her to choir and saved me a seat. I got there right before it began and enjoyed a great choir concert. This was the Honor Choir. It's for fourth and fifth grades and started in January. They go to school early on Thursday and learned these songs. The school that feed into our high school got together at the high school to perform the songs. Maddi is the one in the green shirt. Ha! She is next to her bff, Jane, two rows behind the tall African girl. The boy in front of her was covering her most of the time, but he was swaying back and forth as they sang so I got glimpses of her now and then.
Action shot.
I made eye contact with her and told her to smile so I could take a picture. She's smiling and I love everyone else in the background with their random faces. Funny.
Maddi and her friend, our neighbor, Abby, after the show. Maddi really enjoyed being in the choir and I'm glad she got to do something more than just dance. We went for ice cream after this and called it a night!

No comments: