Friday, May 4, 2012
Lately
So, I tried to make this blog private, but I can't quite figure it out. They changed the way this blogspot works and it used to give an option to add email addresses of those you wanted to invite to read the blog. Now I'm not sure how to do it. I will look into again and hopefully figure it out. I will add all of you who said you'd like to be added if/when I ever figure it out....
What we've been doing lately...
Emalyn is still a leotard and swimsuit-wearing girl. We were on our way to her gymnastics class. She now goes to "school" for 45 minutes before where they make crafts, sing songs, and play and then they take them to gymnastics class. She loves going. I have signed her up for preschool for next year. They only have half day here so she'll go Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:15-11:45. I think she will love it!
This is little Emalyn making cupcakes for her babies. She loves her baby dolls and I am so happy that we kept Maddi's baby dolls because that's what Emma plays with. Brings back memories of sweet Maddi girl at Emma's age.
Apparently not all little girls play with baby dolls, but Maddi and Emma both did/do and they are both so sweet and nurturing to their babies. Emma always holds her babies a certain way and wants me to hold them the same way. If I'm doing it wrong, she'll say "No Mommy, like this" and show me how she want me to do it. I hope Emma ends up as sweet and kind as Maddi is. Just today I had a neighbor telling me how Maddi played with their kindergarden son for over an hour and how much the little boy enjoyed playing with her. She is very good with younger kids and they all adore her.
Emma even got her Daddy and Bubba to play babies with her. The funniest thing is when Emma makes us all stand up and play ring around the rosie together. She is loved!
Baseball season has begun. Cade ended up with number 10 for his "in house" team, same number my brother wore, I think. He's got some long legs! It's so funny because EVERY time he goes up to bat, the coaches on the other team yell at their team to scoot back or take big 3 big steps back or whatever, because they take a look at Cade and think he's going to smack the ball. He just looks so much bigger than most of the kids, they assume he's a home run hitter. Brett and I laugh every time to hear what the coaches are going to say when they see him step up to the plate.
Maddi is so good to Emma and pushes her around, takes her to the park or whatever. Brett and I are able to actually watch the game, Emma is happy and even Maddi is happy because she gets bored watching the game for too long.
This is Cade at bat for his part time travel team. He's number 32 (Josh Hamilton's number) on this team.
This is Cade pitching. He is short stop and pitcher. It's fun to watch him and see how much he is improving.
Cade was working on his science experiment here. Emma and I are in the back of the car keeping track of how many times he swooshes the ball. His experiment is something about where the best spot is to swoosh a basket. It was pretty cold this day, but he was tough and took 15 shots from 5 spots for 7 1/2 and 8 1/2 feet. He needs to do the same for 9 1/2 and 10 feet this weekend.
After Emma got bored sitting in the back of the car with me, she made a beautiful sidewalk chalk portrait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment