Friday, July 13, 2012

Monday in Myrtle Beach

We arrived in Myrtle Beach Sunday evening. After unpacking a bit and then heading to the pool for a quick swim, it was off to bed to get ready for the week of dance ahead. Monday morning I woke up and went for a run on the beach. Cade went with me and it was nice having some time with him alone at one of his favorite places, the beach. I really do think Cade is part fish and could live in the ocean. By 9:00 am, we were at the convention center for hair and makeup. Miss Katey, who is doing Maddi's makeup, was Maddi's first dance teacher when we moved here when Maddi had just turned 6. Now look at her!


The junior dancers from Maddi's company haning out while getting stage ready.

Maddi and Kate in full makeup.

Maddi and Kate warming up and stretching.

Me and my Maddi girl. We have decided that Maddi will not be doing dance company next year (mainly because of time, money and Maddi starting junior high)and I was kind of sad for Maddi to know she won't be on stage again doing what she loves for a long time. She is still going to take dance classes, but she won't be performing. It wasn't an easy decision, but we had to what's best for her and our family at this time.

Maddi with two of her biggest fans!

The girls after they danced "Firework". They looked great but they didn't make it in the top 10 for any of their junior dances. We were proud of their hard work and efforts and thought they looked great on stage.

With their teacher for this dance, Miss Lindy.

They always have cute dance clothes and other accessories and things to buy at this competition. This year they had a dollar spot and had the cutest things. Maddi got a ring and a bracelet that her dance friends also got. Emma got a little bag and this lipgloss that she's putting on.

She's so focused and looking in the mirror making sure she gets her lips just right.

She's still holding her lipgloss, even while watching the girls dance. I think she loved her dollar spot purchase!

Maddi with Hannah, her favorite "big girl". Hannah will be leaving for college this summer and Maddi will miss her so much. She is a sweet heart and treats Maddi like the sister she never had.

After their first dance, we went to eat a quick lunch at Fuddruckers before their next dance.

Crazy in Love girls with Miss Katey.

Cade bought this little frisbee thing at the dollar spot and passed some time playing it with his friend, Kyle. He tried to throw it at a bird and it got stuck on the window way up high so that was the end of his dollar spot purchase. Boys...

When dance was over on Monday, we went back to the hotel for a little pool and beach time. I snapped this from our hotel balcony of Brett and the kids in the ocean while I was in the room for Emma's nap.

After Emma woke up, it was pool time for her too! 1, 2, set go is what she says before she jumps.

Emma learned to like or at least tolerate for times, the sand and the beach. Last year she HATED it, but this year she liked it with her toys.

Happy girls!

So sweet.


The boy doing what he loves, but I'm pretty sure the wave had just knocked him down and he had a little sand burn here.

Mommy and baby with "sugared" toes.

Pure happiness.

The girls had made up a goofy dance and notice Cade lurking in the background...

...and there goes Maddi...Cade pushed her in mid-dance. Poor Cade, there aren't many little brothers to hang around with so he pesters the girls.

Monday night was Hawaiin night at the hotel and we enjoyed seeing the hula dancers.

The girls enjoyed the hula class.

Emma enjoyed snuggling with Daddy.

And we all enjoyed the fire twirling, eating man! The girls and Cade were in the background in the pool on the left.


Fun to watch this crazy man!

Group photo with Chief Kamatzu (or whatever his name really is).

After the show, we went to the beach for some pictures of the girls. I put this picture on facebook and a friend of mine saw it and offered to fix it for me. She took Cade out of the water in the background and lightened it up since I didn't have the flash on. I love this picture!

Just having fun in the ocean.

Night time life guards!

Our family of lifeguards. We had a such a great time together and it was the perfect family time that we needed. We really are blessed with such wonderful kids and are so thankful for all that we have.

I love this man!

That's Maddi girl. Always doing some sort of dance or gymanstics. I realized after the trip that I should have taken some pictures of her in her costumes doing leaps and jumps. Ugh. Why didn't I think of that when we were there?

That's the end of Monday and I'm pretty sure we all slept pretty soundly that night after a fun and busy day.

No comments: