Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fun Fall Day

Saturday was a fun family day. It started out with me getting a keratin treatment and haircut. I have really liked the girl who has cut my hair lately, but this time I guess I wasn't clear that I only wanted a trim and my hair cleaned up...she chopped it off! It's sooooo short. Brett says I look like Dora. Way to make a girl feel good about a bad haircut. Oh well, hopefully my hair will grow quick.
Maddi babysat Emma while Brett and I went to Cade's baseball game. Emma loves to have Sissy babysit and Maddi wanted to stay home rather than go to the game, so it worked for everyone. Cade had a great game, including two home runs!
Then we came home and watched the Aggies win their first SEC football game against Arkansas. When Brett was sure we were going to win the game, we loaded up to go to a pumpkin patch. It's funny because I took just Emma to a pumpkin patch last year with her little friends. Cade and Maddi both told me a few days ago that they were jealous they didn't get to go. I honestly thought they had kind of outgrown the pumpkin patch, but I was wrong. I bought a living social deal for a pumpkin farm close by and it was great. All 3 of the kids loved climbing up on the tractors.

Emalyn loved the pumpkin and apple cider donuts, her mouth is stuffed with a donut here! We bought a dozen but ended up getting 2 extra because we had to wait a while for our apple cider donuts. The 5 of us ate all but 3 of them so each of the kids will get one for breakfast. Apple cider donuts are my favorite thing about fall :)

More fun in the tractors.

Maddi and Daddy enjoying taking a break from eating donuts.

Emalyn crying because Bubba took a bite of her donut.

This little girl loved the pumpkins.


My little pumpkin heads :)

Em kept saying she wanted a little tiny baby pumpkin.

She said "please can I take them baby pumpkin home to my house."

Em spent most of her time in the wagon but she decided to get out and tried to pull the wagon. It was a little too heavy for her with the big pumpkin in it.

One of Emma's favorite things to do it play with seat belts. She was thrilled to play on the tractor and buckle and buckle the seat belt over and over. Em spends a lot of time at home playing in the car with her babies buckling them in and out.
We spent some time in the big corn maze as a family and then Maddi and Cade had fun exploring the kids corn maze. Then they played in the tee pee area and tried out the trikes. The bigger ones were broken but Cade found if he pulled it up the little hill then he could ride it down the hill.

The tractors were a big hit with Emma. She would point out the ones she didnt' get to sit on yet and Daddy would take her over to sit on them.

It was a fun family day at the pumpkin farm! I get to go back to a pumpkin farm with Emma for a school field trip in a few weeks. Hopefully Maddi and Cade won't be jealous since they got to visit a pumpkin farm already!

A few random pictures of Cade at a baseball game the other night. It's getting dark so early that they got to play under the lights so they could finish the whole game.

No comments: