
As many of you know, the whole McDonald clan had roles in the Nutcracker this weekend. It's just Maddi's dance studio's production at the local high school, but it's still nice. Maddi was a tumbling jester in the party scene and Cade was a party boy and Brett and I were party parents in the party scene. Brett wore a tux and Cade and I had lovely outfits from the olden days. Cade actually looked pretty cute in his knickers. I felt very frumpy in my dress and shawl and Maddi and Cade thought I looked hilarious. Makes me happy that I wasn't a mom in that time period.

The tumbling jesters minus one who wasn't there yet. Back row left to right, Maddi and Jennifer. Front row l-r Ellie, Emily and Juliana. I couldn't get a video or pics of their dance because it was part of the party scene that we were all a part of.

If you are familiar with the Nutcracker, the jesters are part of Uncle Drosselmeir's toys that come to life. Maddi is showing off her pose on her box that she gets pulled out on. Her partner Carsyn stood behind her like a posed doll and they stayed posed until they were brought to life to show off their tumbling and dancing. It was really cute.

In the second act Cade is a gingerbread boy and Maddi is a rose petal. Brett had a hard time letting Cade wear the bonnet. The gingerbread scene is so cute with mother gingerbread with the big table skirt and the kids crawl underneath it and then come out and run around and do a little dance. My pictures of the mother gingerbread with kids crawling out didn't turn out well.
This video is a quick clip of Maddi's rose petal scene. She is the second one in the line of the three little girls.
Both shows went well and the kids had a blast. It was a nice family bonding time and something the kids will always remember.
1 comment:
You all look great!
-EBD
Post a Comment