So this was the conversation in our car this evening:
Maddi: Did you know that dogs get married?
Pam: Whaaaat?????
Maddi: Well, they have to get married to have babies.
Pam: Yeah, I guess. Maybe dogs don't have to be married.
Maddi: But humans do so how can dogs have babies and not be married.
Pam: That's a good question. I never really thought about that. (change of subject) Tell me about your dance you learned in hip hop today.
So many questions and I keep struggling for answers. When do we let her in on the birds and the bees? Parenting is so fun and always keeps you on your toes!
3 comments:
oh dear! so not ready for that myself. You'll have to take notes and let us know how you go about explaining it : ) Hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy reading your blog and would love to see you the next time you are in the Big D!
Ohh, I do not envy you right now! Let me know how that conversation goes. I've got at least 5-6 years till I'm in your position, but I'll start taking advice now!!
Way to go.....looks like you did what I probably did many, many years ago...."So Pam, what did you learn in dance today?"
This time Maddi can't blame me on giving her detailed information that her little inquiring mind seems to come up with from time to time.
Mom
Post a Comment