Brett's in California and although I've talked to a lot of people throughout today, I've still got some words left in me. I usually talk Brett to death at night, so I'll get my words out through blogging!
Thought #1. Why did we move here???? Right now it is snowing and there are 50 mile an hour winds insanely blowing snow all over the place. I wanted to take pictures to post, but it's so stinking cold that I don't want to open a door or window to stick my camera out to show you how nasty this is. Looking on the bright side, I am so thankful we have a nice warm house.
Thought #2. Today my brother turned 34 and he was genuinely happy about getting older. He said he honestly enjoys having birthdays and getting older. How many people do you know that like getting older? I'm going to try and have his attitude about aging. Not that I hate getting older, but most people view it as a negative thing, so I'm going to try embracing it.
Thought #3. Cable/phone/internet is ridiculously expensive. Our Comcast introductory rate went up and so I've been pricing each thing with different companies and have come to realize it's just expensive no matter what. Remember when we used to watch TV with rabbit ears and got only a few stations on fuzzy tiny tvs and it was free? Now it's $100 for a decent channel lineup and then they really get you with the taxes. Who thinks of all these taxes? They sneak them all in and they're all small but they add up.
Thought #4. I love blogs. There is no better way to procrastinate than blogging. You can write your random thoughts or you can stalk other blogs and see their random thoughts. I love looking at friends blogs and the blogs linked to their blogs. I could accomplish so much more each day if I didn't have the internet to check out blogs, shop, email, check the weather, etc. I love procrastinating.
Thought #5. When you have to type in verification on security pages (buying tickets on ticketmaster, blogs, etc.) are those real words that come up or are they just random letters? I'm not a spelling bee champ or anything and my verbal score on the SAT was not my higher score, but are those really words? On occasion I'll recognize a word, but mostly they seem like jumbled letters. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?
Thanks for reading my last words left in me tonight. Now I can get ready for bed!
4 comments:
Pam... I just had to laugh at your last point on your list. I know exactly what you mean! Most of them appear to be random... but there are some that I'm just sure that they're real words or at least really close to real words.
And yes... I lose myself in the world of blogs everyday. You can tell when I have the longest list of things I should be doing... that's when my blog posts are the longest. :-)
I think you are becoming a computer nerd, too!!! Remember when you use to call me that back in the day?!?! Hehehehe!! I love reading other peoples blogs, too!!!
I know I am on the computer way too much!!! But I have always been a CN!!!
Hi, Pam! I didn't know you had a blog and I've spent some time today trying to catch up with your family. Your kids are so beautiful - I can't believe how much they've grown! I added your blog to my links. Miss you!
Ahh...Jacque started the blog circle. I cannot believe how big your kids are. It has been way too long!
We still live in the same house (9 years now) Matt still has the same job (GM now almost 10 years) and I still feel like it was yesterday we all graduated.
Jacque added our blog to hers, hopefully we will hear from y'all soon.
Post a Comment