Despite the cold, wind and snow we are staying busy. Friday we went bowling with Maddi's dance group. Their teacher rewarded them for working so hard on their competition dances. It was packed at the bowling alley at 4:30 on a Friday. I guess that's what people do in the winter.
Saturday the kids went to a Hawaiian Luau at the Healthplex where they went swimming, made crafts and played games. Brett and I went on a date and had dinner and saw Juno. Awesome movie. Highly recommend it.
Sunday we went to church and had lunch at Maggiano's Little Italy. It just opened 4 days ago and I couldn't wait to eat there. I'm sure there are 5 million great Italian places here, but it was nice to have a place we know from Texas. It was quite tasty. I LOVE the Vera's Lemon Cookies. I seriously think I could eat 5 dozen of them. (They're small crescent shaped, so 5 dozen isn't that much, right?) All we need now is a Chick Fil A and I'll be good to go!
Sunday afternoon the kids had a Birthday Party for their Build a Bears. Maddi made a cake with her Easy Bake oven. Let me just tell you that they don't make the Easy Bake mixes like they used to. My memory is that they were quite tasty. Not so these days.
I'll leave you with another kid conversation in the car today:
Cade to Maddi: Does this look creepy? (pulling the corner of his eyes toward his ears)
Maddi: You look like a freak.
Cade: When Kya (Cade's friend) does that you can see his brain. In real life you can see all the way to his brain.
Maddi and Cade are cracking up.
Maddi (now pulling her eyes back): Can you see my brain?
And they continue making gross faces the next 5 minutes in the car. You know they say each generation is so different but I have a feeling that making strange faces is one thing every generation has enjoyed. Why is that so fun to kids?
1 comment:
I feel the same way about Girl Scout Cookies!! I can eat a whole box in one sitting!!! I guess it's a good thing you can only get them once a year!!
Post a Comment