I still need to post pictures of our trip to Texas, but I didn't take many pictures and need to get some from my momma. We had a great trip to Texas and got back late Monday night. Tuesday, the kids enjoyed hanging out with friends while I did laundry and today, Wednesday, they started school! This pretty little girl started Junior High today! I really feel like I was just taking her to kindergarden. She was excited about moving on to a new school and I think this is the first year she didn't cry and freak out the night before school started. It went to easy and smooth, I was waiting to hear that something went horrible at school. In the few minutes I saw her after school, before she went to a friends house, she said she had a good day.
I can't wait to hear the details about her day, but I am so happy for her that she is with friends and not having to rush off to dance right now :) I hope this is a great year for my Maddi girl.
Emalyn is going to miss her sissy while she is at school. She even asked me once today what time Bubba and Sissy were coming home from school.
My three kiddos are all getting so big and I am so proud of each of them.
Cade in 5th grade, Emalyn starts preschool in two weeks, and Maddi in 6th grade. I seriously never imagined we'd still live here for my kids to go to Junior High here, but I also never imagined we'd have a little one and would be starting this whole preschool thing again. I know God has a plan for all of us and I'm just along for this fun ride!
When I look at these three, I see me and Brett and other family members all wrapped together. They each have their own little personalities and looks and I can't imagine them any other way. I love you all so much!
Maddi met up with our neighbor, Abby, and Jane came over too before school. Amazingly, Maddi was the calm one in the group. The other girls seemed very worried and Maddi was filled with excitement. Jane's mom ended up driving them to school. I'll admit, it was hard for me to not walk with Maddi to school but I know she's growing up and this is good for her (and me).
Maddi starts school at 8:00 and Cade starts at 8:30 this year. I got a few pictures with Cade and Emalyn and then Emma and I walked Cade to school. I'm glad someone still needs me :) Emalyn had her backpack filled with 5 puppy dogs and she walked the whole way to and from school. This was a first because she would usually tire out and have to be carried. I guess they are all growing up.
This is what it looks like around here on the first day of school. It's like a parade of kids and parents walking to and from school. This really is a great neighborhood and we have a great location being so close to the school and the clubhouse.
Cade saw several friends along the way. Cade was excited for school and was happy to see his friends again. He missed meet the teacher night because we were in Texas, but he didn't mind a bit. He only knew of 2 kids in his class but he didn't mind that either. He figured he knows all of the kids in his grade by now so he didn't care who was in his class, really. He has a ton of friends and I think boys are just so much easier in that way.
This boy, Sam, is in Cade's class and they go to the junior high for 6th grade Honors math together. The highlite of Cade's day was going to 6th grade math and finding out they get to use ipads for math. I imagine by the time Emalyn is in grade school, each kid will have their own ipad :) This is pretty cool...Cade is in Liam Ford's math class and Liam's little brother and Cade's bff, Jack, goes to Cade's class for math and Jack sits in Cade's seat. Small world.
This is Cade's teacher, Mrs. Fleagle. He seems happy with her and from what I know of her, I like her. I hope Cade will have a great year!
I went to parent orientation for Emalyn's preschool last night. She goes to meet the teacher on Monday. She is very excited about going to school and I am excited for her and for me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment