We were happy to have the Ball family come for a visit. We started out our visit meeting them at Six Flags Great America on Sunday. It has been an unusually warm summer and on the 100 degree days, I know people that were at Great America and they said it was a ghost town and they could ride things over and over with no lines. People just aren't used to the heat here. The day we went, it was BEAUTIFUL! High of 80 and perfectly sunny. I think everyone in a 3 state radius was there with us! It took us over an hour to exit the highway and park. We didn't get to ride many rides, everything had 1 1/2 to 2 hour lines. Cade and I did ride the newest ride, X Flight, so that was cool. More than anything, the kids were happy to be with their friends and we were happy it was such a nice day. Anne snapped this picture of Emma and Ellie at lunch. It was the only picture taken the whole day :) We talked the kids into leaving early and we got ice cream at Oberweise and then came back to our house for pizza and hanging out.
Monday morning, Rebecca and kids came over to see us and the Balls. The 10 kids all had a great time together. When it was time for them to leave, Rebecca had a flat tire! None of us knew how to change a flat tire and I had to race off to take Maddi and Cade for their physicals. We ended up googling where the spare tire was in Rebecca's car and she got it changed while we were at the doctor. Later that afternoon, we went for a swim. Emma and Ellie were both pretty shy Sunday but by Monday they were good friends again. They had so much fun playing together.
Tuesday morning, Anne went to meet a friend for coffee and she took Grace and Maddi. I took the little girls to the park. They were so cute walking and running to the park together.
The funniest thing was when we were walking back. Emma was telling this long drawn out story and when she talks really fast telling her long stories, it's even more challenging to understand her. Ellie told me her and Andrew don't understand Emma and does she speak Spanish. I was cracking up. Emma's speech is getting better, but I imagaine she will qualify for speech classes when I get her tested when she turns 3.
Tuesday night, we put the kids to bed and heard some commotion but no kids ever came down so we assumed they were asleep. We went up to go to bed and found this...Cade asleep on the landing of the stairs...
...here's Jack...
...Grace, Cocoa, Maddi and Andrew! It was like a crime scene and we were laughing so hard.
Anne and Brendan were laughing at Maddi with her tissue in her nose. I am so used to seeing her like this, it didn't even faze me at first. Her allergies have been so bad lately that she's had a hard time sleeping and can only sleep with a tissue in her nose. Poor girl.
The funny thing is that the kids plan was to go in each others room after we put them to bed and then they were going to stay up until the adults went to bed. After we were asleep, they were going to put whip cream in our hands and then tickle us with a feather to make us hit ourselves with the whip cream. They decided to sleep in the hall instead. Good call.
This is Andrew. You can't even see his face, he's all covered up!
The little ones enjoying rice krispey treats.
The big sisters just woke up and joined the little girls. Andrew is lurking in the background.
Wednesday, I took Jack and Cade go karting as part of Cade's early bday present. Jack had to drive the little red car, but I think he had fun anyway.
Cade would drive these cars every day if I'd let him. It's his new favorite thing. It was great to see the Ball Family and we are excited because we get to see them again soon when we go to Texas!
No comments:
Post a Comment