Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cade Man Turns 10

Saturday we celebrated my favorite boy in the world turning 10! In some ways I think "how did that happen?" and in other ways I feel like he's been 10 forever because I think of Cade and Maddi as the same age. He opted to have his party at home just like last year. It was from 10-1 and although it was a beautiful day, it was a bit chilly, so we skipped the swimming part of the party. Thankfully it was cooler, because as it turned out, our AC is not working. It could have been so super hot with all the boys at our house but it was just fine with no air on. Who would have thought an August birthday would be too cool to swim? Weird.

The boys started out jumping on the trampoline...

...and playing ping pong in the basement.

Then we walked over to the field across the street for a baseball game played with a tennis ball.

The big tent was there because one of our neighbors had a big fundraiser party at their house that night.

Brett was the pitcher and he had just as much fun playing ball as the boys did. I am so thankful that Brett has a son and that he is so good Cade and his friends.

The birthday boy with some of his friends.

The game ended up tied and then they played another inning and it was tied again. Then they had a homerun derby to break the tie. It was fun to watch.

Maddi missed most of the party again this year. This time it wasn't for dance, it was because she was invited to model in a back to school fashion show.

Here they are trying to decide how to break the tie.

After baseball, we were going to go swimming, but instead they played baseball a little longer and then we played some minute to win it games. The boys are all really good and nice kids, but boy did it crazy and loud during the minute to win it games. I've decided God knew what he was doing when he only gave me one boy. I seriously don't think I would be a good mom to boy chaos. The boys were all very hungry and ate lots of pizza!

Time for cake! Cade got a blizzard cake again this year. Good stuff!

Cade's crazy face while making his wish makes me laugh.

The boys faces here make me laugh.

The wish is made and he's blowing out the candles. I hope all your wishes come true, Cade man! I love Emalyn trying to get a peak at what's going on in the background. Honestly, I think we forgot about Emalyn. I was busy lighting the candles and singing and Brett was taking pictures. Glad she didn't fall down standing up in the barstool.

Check out her hair. It was a windy day! I left the party 30 minutes early so I could go see Maddi model in the fashion show. I put Emma down for a nap before I left. I have no idea how she fell asleep with all the commotion going on while Cade was opening presents, but she did. After presents, they played basketball until they went home. Cade said it was his favorite birthday ever, like he does every year. I call that a success! Later that afternoon, he had a scrimmage with his new baseball team. They actually played the B team of his age group which is his old coach and many of the boys from his team this past year. His team won and he had 3 great hits. We met all the parents for the new team and I think it's going to be a great year.

After Cade went to bed, we let Maddi help us with part of his birthday gift. I saw this idea for a balloon avalance on Pinterest. We put 10 $1.00 bills in the balloons and when Cade opened his door, he was greeted by ballons.

This is Sunday morning after Maddi woke up, Cade's real birthday! I told Emma it was Bubba's Happy Birthday and she said "again?" She was confused because his party was the day before his real birthday.

We gave Cade a safety pin and told him to pop the balloons to find his gift.

Emma wanted to try it too, so Cade is handing her the safety pin.

I think we might put lipstick and stickers or whatever I can think of for Emma's birthday, she really enjoyed popping the ballons!

Cade absolutely loves this little girl. I catch him sneaking a hug all the time. Today he had to bribe her for a hug by giving her licks of his lollipop.


I had asked Emma earlier this week what she thought we should get Cade for his birthday and she said lollipop and Minecraft. I told her we'd give him money too. Later that day she told him "Bubba, you want lollipop, money and minecraft for yous birthday." Clearly she can't keep a secret yet! lol
Later on Sunday, we went to see the Diary of A Wimpy Kid Dog Days movie. It was very funny and Emma was awesome at the movie. Then we went to ride go karts. We ordered Famous Dave's for lunch, Cade had a friend come over and play XBox and we finished off the night with left over Blizzard Birthday cake. Cade went to bed saying it was an awesome day, his best ever. I think 10 is going to be an amazing year for Cade. Bugaboo, we are so proud of you and love you more than you'll ever know. Happy Birthday Cade Forrest!
I want to add that at the doctor Monday, Cade was 59 3/4 inches tall and 106.8 pounds! He's still off the charts for height and 97th percentile for weight. Maddi was 75th percent for weight and 40th percent for height. I think Maddi is slowly growing :)

No comments: