Sunday, September 2, 2012

After Texas

The first few days after getting back from Texas were quite busy! Tuesday night, I had parent orientation for Emalyn's preschool. I didn't realize until I got out the paper work to turn in that night that I had to buy supplies for Emalyn. Maddi, Emma and I stopped by the store real quick to get the requested supplies before I dropped Emma and Maddi off with Brett at Cade's baseball practice. I got out one of Maddi's old backpacks for Emma to use this year and Emma loved it! She carried it full of puppies for several days wherever we went. I loved seeing big and little sister holding hands walking out of the store after getting Emma's supplies. Maddi and Cade are so excited for Emma that she will be starting school. I'm pretty excited too. Ha!

Wednesday was the first day of school, pictures in an earlier post. Thursday was just as exciting, if not more, Chick Fil A opened in Oswego, IL!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would get a Chick Fil A in Oswego. I was thrilled we got one about 15 minutes from us a couple years ago. This one is right by our neighborhood and we are all so excited to have it here. Emalyn and I stopped in for lunch after Emma's first visit to the dentist. (She did awesome at the dentist, by the way. She sat in my lap the whole time, so I never got a picture, but she was perfect!) I got a peach milkshake and Emma had some chicken.

Later that day, I took the kids for dinner.

With the drama of the Chick Fil A owners remarks toward marriage, there were protesters on opening day. Maddi and Cade had questions of why they were there, what's gay marriage, etc. Maddi wanted to yell out to them that they were wrong and Chick Fil A is a good company. It was a great opportunity to point out that peaceful protesting and Freedom of Speech and Regligion is one of the benefits of being an American. I told her they weren't yelling at us for eating there, so we weren't going to yell at them :)

Thursday was also an exciting day because of this little puppy...

...against my better judgement, I told the kids about our neighbor who has/had 5 little yorkie puppies. They said if they didn't sell them in 15 days, they would give them away for free. I contemplated getting a puppy, who can beat free? I even let this little puppy come over to our house to see what Cocoa thought of it. Cocoa was terrified. I wasn't thinking straight for a short period and then I came to my senses...we DO NOT need a puppy! I'm finally getting Emalyn in preschool, she's growing up and not so needy and the last thing I want/need is something else to care for. I broke Maddi's heart when I told her we couldn't get the puppy. I felt terrible. I really did, but I knew getting a puppy would make me quite grouchy and the old saying is true "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." I tried to make it up to Maddi and told her we could redo her room (she's been wanting new bedding/paint etc.). She said she wanted a puppy more than her room redone.

Well, Saturday was Brett's work party. While there, the story of the puppy came up. One family said they couldn't get a puppy, but they let their kids get hamsters. I swore over my dead body, there would never be a rodent in my house. Well, a weak moment came over me again (what is going on with me?) and I agreed to let the kids buy a hamster if they promised to not bring up the puppy again. Brett could NOT believe I agreed to a rodent. Honestly, I can't either, but I did it. (More on that a different day.) The kids had fun at Brett's party. They hired a funny man who played games with them like the egg toss, shoe kick, sack races, mummy wrap, etc.

All 3 of them crashed out on the way home :)

The next day was rainy almost all day, and it was wonderful. We enjoyed some down time and relaxed. Emma got out these drinking birds and watched them many times during the day. Omie brought these to us many years ago and they still provide entertainment!

No comments: