This is a phone dump of the pictures on my phone the last week. Cade's pedal broke off his bike. I bought new pedals but the screw is stripped or something and Brett can't put the new pedals on. So, Cade has taken over Brett's bike. I usually ride Brett's bike, because Brett never really has a chance to ride it anyway. Brett and I were laughing at the thought of Cade's bike on the bike rack at the elementary school. We figured he was the only kid there with a bike that big/tall. I walked up before school got out and took a picture of it. Cade's is the yellow one. There actually was a few other taller bikes, but still, next to the little kinder and first grader bikes, Cade's looks manly. lol
Miss Emalyn still loves her swing. She is so into her baby dolls and often takes them with her to do whatever she's doing.
Brett was in College Station this past weekend for a guys weekend celebrating his 40th Birthday! He asked me to send a picture of the kids with Cocoa to show Mrs. Thelen because they have a shih tzu that looks like Cocoa.
Miss Maddi girl with her puppy dog.
Brett flew home today and we had his birthday gifts and a cookie cake waiting for him. I'm not sure why the top of the picture is so foggy, but it's the only one I have my 40 year old Brettley! The fact that he's 40 now, really puts it in perspective for me just how young my daddy was when he passed away. To think that Brett would only have 9 more years with us, makes it hit really close to home. I pray that we have many, many more years together. Happy 40th Old Man, I mean Brett!
Today was a day of many highs and lows. Brett had an interview for a job in Texas
today and it went really well. He got an email from the recruiter as he was flying home that he will move on to the next and final phase of the interview process. We were all very happy to hear that news.
The low part was Reecey, the guinea pig, died today. Maddi was playing with Jane and Emma in the basement. They were playing house and Emma asked to go to the store to buy a guinea pig. Maddi went over to get Reecey and found her nearly dead. Maddi was soooo upset! She screamed and I ran down there. I felt so bad for little Reecey. She was on her last leg. She had diareaha last week but then was fine. This morning she had diareaha again, but I thought maybe she was getting it every time we gave her people food. They say to give them food with vitamin c, so we have given her oranges, carrots and celery a few times. I was shocked that she went down hill so fast.
I took her to Petsmart and they gave us our money back and said they would have the vet look at her. If she could be saved, we could buy her back when she was better. They called a little later and said the vet had to euthanize her. I had a feeling that would be the case. They said it wasn't anything we did. She was such a young little guinea pig, and they said the whole batch of little ones they just had have come back ill. Needless to say, there were many tears from Maddi and Cade. Poor Cade man just lost his fish a few weeks ago and now his guinea pig. Maddi has never lost a pet before, and she didn't take it so well.
They say they want to buy another one tomorrow, so we'll see how this next adventure goes!
.JPG" />
No comments:
Post a Comment