1. Emalyn is really funny, or this age is funny anyway. The other day the two of us were home and she came up behind me and said "1, 2, 3 BOO!" I laughed and acted surprised. Then she came up a few minutes later and said, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Surprise!" She is always saying things that make us laugh. Some of the words she uses seem so grown up, like probably, usually and that's all I can think of right now but trust me she has some big words. I guess she doesn't learn them from me :)
2. Maddi had her first school dance last Friday. She was so excited and she had a great time. She didn't dance with any boys. Whew! I was worried her daddy might ground her for life if she did. Lol! However, there is a boy that she likes and that likes her and in class the other day he took her paper from her. Her teacher said "Jacob, are you flirting with Maddi?" I wish I remembered exactly how Maddi told the story, but it's just so weird that Maddi is this grown up to be having these conversations.
3. All 3 kids are doing great with school! Cade has a 100 in his 6th grade honors math, even though he is in 5th grade. Maddi has all A's and B's and has been doing so good. Emalyn has learned how to cut (I never realized she had never used scissors before) and has learned to wipe her bottom herself after peeing and really seems to love school. She gets excited when she finds out it's a school day.
4. It got really cold here Friday and I even had to turn the heater on! I was not ok mentally with the fact that the heat was going on on September 21st. We froze our tails off at Cade's baseball game Saturday morning, but Sunday afternoon it was not as windy and although a little chilly, it was a beautiful day. Emalyn and Emily enjoyed some time outside playing hop scotch. It is so nice for Emma to have Emily who is 18 month older to play with. Emma learns a lot from her and even tries things she would never do on her own. In fact, last week, Emily had Emma climbing on the coffee table and jumping onto the couch in the formal living room. Weird as it sounds, I was thrilled to see Emma doing something like that! She reminds me of Maddi in the way of being much more cautious than curious.
5. I took Maddi and Cade to the gym today to train for the triathalon. I was a few hours too late signing them up for the triathalon. Ugh! I waited until I took Maddi to gymnastics Friday night only to find out the deadline was at 4:30 that day. They are both the first ones on the waiting list for their age group. They both are really excited about it and my fingers are crossed that they call this week to say they are in. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with Maddi's swimming. They have to swim 100 yards and I wasn't sure how she would do. She feels most confident at the back stroke, so she swam her 100 that way. Brett thinks she'll look weird doing back stroke while everyone else is doing free, but hey, whatever works! After swimming, they ran on the track. Later this evening, they rode bikes, jumped on the trampoline and finished the night off with roller blades!
6. This is a big week for Brett. He is taking tests for his current job to see his potential down the road. He is also testing for a new opportunity. Fingers crossed that good news will come from this. Cade offered to take the tests for Brett if he doesn't feel like he will do well on them. Ha! Cade is a smart boy, but I'm not sure he's ready for this level of testing!
No comments:
Post a Comment