Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day

We had a snowstorm dump about 8-10 inches of snow on us last night so school was canceled. The kids are enjoying playing in the snow with friends and I am going crazy hanging up snow suits to dry. They play in the snow and get all bundled up and then come in for a while, then bundle up and come in, etc. It's making me crazy trying to keep the floors clean and dry.

Cocoa is not a snow dog. She LOVES the snow and will stay in the snow forever but she was not meant to live in the snow. She is so little and so hairy that she gets covered in snow. She turns into a big snowball. Click on the picture above to enlarge it and look at Cocoa's front legs. They are caked in snow. So when she comes in from the snow we have to blow dry her to melt all the snow stuck to her and then we have to keep blow drying her to dry her hair so she isn't freezing. She has a snow jacket, but I'm thinking we need to find snow pants/boots. I wonder if I could find that?!? She loves her jacket so I think she would like the boots too.
Cade and Maddi each made snow tunnels. This was their first time to make them and they thought they were really cool.
Maddi is showing off their snow slide. Luckily the temperature was around 28 today, so it wasn't too cold. It was warm enough to actually enjoy the snow.

I can't wait to see what the Groundhog says about winter. Please tell me it's almost over!

2 comments:

amy said...

Oh wow!!! Those pictures look soooo fun! Hope you are staying warm! Wish we were there to make snow tunnels with y'all!

Anonymous said...

I meant to call and see if you got all the snow too. We had 12 inches! It
is getting very old....2more months!

-EBD