Monday, March 3, 2008

A Job Well Done

So this was Maddi's first dance competition and she did very well. Poor think was VERY nervous Saturday but thankfully they only had one dance. Sunday she was much more relaxed and enjoyed it. So to avoid boring you with the scoring/awards, I'll keep it simple.

They won 3rd place overall with their lyrical dance and 5th place overall for jazz. This was out of all the 8 years and younger small group dances (there were 21 dances in this category).

They won 3rd place overall with their musical theater dance in the large groups 8 years and younger category (8 total dances in this category). They also won Best Costume award for this dance out of the large groups in every age category. I've actually not taken a picture of her in this costume because I personally don't like it. It's like a bikini! It goes with the dance which I'm not sure how much I approve of as well. It's called "If you've got it...flaunt it". It's about being a showgirl. I tend to be more conservative, but many people love the dance and costume.

They also won Top Studio for having the most high scores in all categories in the 8 years and younger division.

1 comment:

amy said...

Congrats to Maddi!!!
Wish I could have been there to watch!