I'm practicing my Texan talk because we are flying south! We are leaving this afternoon after Maddi's dance and the brunch and egg hunt at the clubhouse. We'll stop in Dallas for 48 hours and then head to San Antonio for a week. We have actually had beautiful "warm" days in the 50s for the last 2 days so I am so ready to soak up even more warm weather in Texas. Today we're back in the 30s for highs so it's a great time to head south. We'll be back with lots of pictures from our trip soon!
I leave you with these random thoughts:
1. Don't you hate when you get a manicure and the polish comes off the next day? I love getting manis/pedis but I hate when the polish starts chipping. It looks worse than not even getting a manicure at all! It almost makes me want to get acrylic nails so the polish will stay but it's so bad for your nails, ugh....
2. We have had a warm up in the 50's the last couple days which means the snow has melted and the ground is thawing. Our dog has been chasing our neighbor dogs along the fence and has turned into a mud ball two days in a row. The ground is not muddy, but when she runs it makes the wetness slosh up at her belly and legs. We have had to give her a bath, which she really needed the first day just because she was due for one anyway. But last night I was not thrilled to bathe a dog that was nice and clean before she ventured outside. The problem is that once she gets out and is barking/chasing the other dogs I can not get her to come inside so she stays out forever and just gets muddier and muddier.
3. Cade had a fever Thursday afternoon. Kept him home from school Friday and he hasn't had a fever at all. We'll keep our fingers crossed that he stays well for our trip. His asthma has kicked in and we are in need of more of the daily inhaler preventative. I went to get it filled the other day and was told our insurance will only cover it twice per calendar year. What?!? They want us to use the mail in pharmacy. That's fine, but we need it now! I can't wait for the mail, especially because we'll be out of town. It's over $100 if we buy it without insurance. Thanks for letting me know the rules have changed. We've been getting it for about 4 years now. I have a love/hate relationship with our insurance. It's mostly hate, but I love that we have it, I guess.
4. Looking for a good movie? We watched Mr. Brooks last week. It's pretty gross and sort of weird, but pretty good. How's that for a movie revue? The men will like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment