Maddi was very excited about starting school and Cade was nervous. You can see it on his face. They both did a great job and didn't cry and either did I. Success. I enjoyed my first day without kids by taking a nap, going to lunch with friends, and then grocery shopping. It was very quiet at home and I couldn't wait to pick them up and hear all about their first day.
Cade didn't have much to say about school (typical boy) but he did have a good day and likes his teacher. He isn't complaining or acting nervous about going back tomorrow so I think his back to school jitters are over and he's back in the swing of things.
Maddi gave me a whole low down on the days events as usual. She always has so much to say and keeps me in the loop. She thinks her teacher is wonderful and is just so excited about being back at school and being in third grade. She brought home this paper about things they worry/wonder about it. I thought it was cute. Hers said:
I wonder if my dog misses me because every time last year when I came home from school she ran up to me and was licking me.
I wonder if my teacher would like me because I like to know if they like me or not.
I wonder if I would make friends with anyone who were not in my class last year because I like to make new friends.
Unfortunately it was quite a rainy day but the rain did let up enough for us to walk to school. It just wouldn't feel right to drop them off in the car line for the first day. They had to have indoor recess and probably will for the next two days too. Bummer of a way to start recess, but the kids didn't seem to mind so much.
Maddi with her friend Maddie as they waited to go in their classroom. This is their 3rd year in the same class and they are Maddi M. and Maddie H. They are contemplating being Maddison and Madeline so they aren't Maddi M and H the rest of their lives. Their teacher said she doesn't like using last name initials and since their names are Maddi and Maddie she might call them Maddie with an E and just Maddi. We'll see what happens...
Baby boy still not smiling, but he was good and didn't cry. I think it helped that his class was all sitting in the hall watching him hang his backpack and say goodbye to me.
So the grind begins...they came home with papers for me to fill out and sign, made lunches and got snacks in their backpacks, made sure homework was done, etc. I'm glad school has begun again but I miss the lazy days of summer too.
No comments:
Post a Comment