This week we went to the Field Museum. We've never been before and it was a free day so we decided we'd check it out. I'm not a big museum person but since we live where there are some of the best museums in the country I feel obligated to experience them and make my children experience them with me too! I have to say that the museums are much cooler than I thought for the most part. The kids loved the hallway of insects. It was like my 7th grade bug collection (or was it 8th grade) but 5,000 times better. Pretty cool actually. They loved this irridecent butterfly.
This is Sue, the most complete dinosaur fossil (in the world? I don't remember the facts). Pretty cool.
The kids also enjoyed the exhibit of stuffed animals. It was like a zoo but all the animals were out in the open and up close so you could see them. Kind of creepy that they were all stuffed, but some great animals. Cade really liked the caribou, reindeer. They asked if these are the same reindeer that Santa uses. Funny. After this exhibit they were pretty much done with the museum. They did the like the rock exhibit. I'm sure it had a fancy name but to me they were rocks...
After the museum we headed over to Millenium Park to see the new art on display. I was sort of disappointed with it. It was cool, but not what I thought it would be. Here is a picture from the inside looking up.
The kids were enjoying their icees from 7-11. I have been craving a shaved ice and cannot find one anywhere so I have to settle for icees and cherry lime slushes from Sonic. Yes, Sonic just opened a few weeks ago here. At least we have that now. I told the kids when they are teenagers we're opening a shaved ice hut and they can work it. So many things I miss from the south...these people here are so deprived.
Next stop...the bean. Maddi doing what she does. The girl is constantly doing the splits or a heel stretch or turning or leaping. She just can't help it.
Not a great pic, but a picture of the bump. It's growing and growing...along with the rest of my body. I don't understand how some people just love being pregnant.
After the bean we headed over to the Family Pavillion for some craft time. Maddi colored some paper sunglasses.
Cade was building with blocks.
Then Cade decided to destroy his block tower.....
...because it was time to catch the bus and get back to our car to get Maddi to dance. There were so many homeless/beggers on the streets that day. The kids didn't understand why we didn't give them all money/food. I hate seeing that and trying to explain it to the kids. We got some Garrett's popcorn on the way and waited 30 minutes for our bus that never came. We ended up taking a different bus and walking further than we wanted, but we made it anyway. We were all hot and tired but it was a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment