Sunday, August 9, 2009

Birthday Celebration #1


My baby boy will turn 7 on Wednesday. We started the celebration on Sunday by going wherever Cade chose and he chose Chuck E Cheese. Actually Brett took Cade to the movies Saturday while Maddi was at a party seeing a movie so celebrating Cade started Saturday. Maddi's allergies were bothering her Friday and were really bad Saturday. She even had fever when she went to bed but she woke up Sunday and was a whole new kid. Cade was very happy that she was feeling better so we could start his birthday celebration. Maddi and Cade were some of the oldest kids there without a younger sibling but they still had a blast. They decided they are happy they are having a baby sister so they can still go to Chuck E Cheese for many years without looking like they're too old to be there.

Daddy and the almost birthday boy.

Mommy and the almost 7 year old.

I think Brett's glad that he has kids so he can still go on the rides at Chuck E Cheese although he does look too big/old to be on them! They had a great time as always eating pizza, playing games, and picking out prizes. More birthday fun to come.

Even though my "baby" is growing up, he is still Momma's boy. He spent most of the day at his friends house Friday while I had my glucose test. Then his friend came and played at our house when I picked him up. About an hour after his friend went home they called to see if Cade could spend the night. Cade immediately said he wanted to go but as we were packing his suitcase he said he didn't want to go because he would miss me and daddy too much. I told him he could at least go and watch the movie and he said he wanted to watch the movie and definitely spend the night. Maddi wasn't feeling well and went to bed after 8:30. Brett's allergies were bothering him too so he took a Benadryl which knock him out and I was worn out so we went to bed right after Maddi. We were so excited to get some extra sleep but it didn't end up that way for me. At about 9:30pm I got a phone call from Cade's friends parents telling us Cade wanted to come home because he missed Mommy and Daddy. So I woke up and waited for Cade to get home. He was so tired and went right to bed but then I was wide awake so I wasted time on the computer. When I finally felt tired again Maddi was coughing and sneezing like crazy and couldn't sleep so I was up with her getting her more meds. and water and trying to make her comfortable. I tried to go to sleep but I just couldn't with her coughing and sneezing every few minutes. She finally fell back asleep after 1:00am and so did I. At 4:00 Cade woke up crying for me and he had wet his bed! Apparently he had too much to drink during the movie at his friends. I took off his sheets and put him in his trundle bed for the night. I crawled back in bed only to have Maddi wake up again not feeling well. I think we fell back asleep after 6 and thankfully Cade slept in until 7 that day. All the while Brett was snoozing away because of Benadryl. I guess we got a little taste of the many sleepless nights coming our way when baby girl gets here. I had planned on painting Cade and possibly Emalyn's room this weekend but after a night of no sleep we decided it would wait until another weekend.

No comments: