Monday, August 24, 2009

Meet the Teacher

Summer is coming to an end and school is about to begin...

My big 3rd grader, Maddi, and her teacher, Mrs. Clark. Maddi wasn't thrilled about who she got for a teacher but after meeting her she REALLY liked her and she is so excited about starting school. One of her bffs, Maddie H., is in her class for the 3rd year in a row, so that was exciting too. I am so happy that Maddi is looking forward to school and I hope she continues that excitement as the school work begins. She has had a really great summer and is loving dance, is excited for school, and is in a really good place right now. I pray that it all continues on this track for her.

My big 2nd grade boy, Cade, and his teacher, Miss Huddleston. The class lists were posted last Thursday and the kids were so excited to see who their teacher was and what friends were in their classes. Cade got the teacher he wanted, except that she accepted another job in the district as a librarian the day the class lists were posted so it just said "new teacher-tba". Then we got a phone call from the school saying that the first grade TA from last year who also covered maternity leave for a kindergarden teacher was going to start the school year as the teacher until they continued the hiring process. Tonight we found out that teacher is actually now going to be the teacher for the whole year. Cade is so happy and so am I. She is a sweetheart and already knows most of the kids from being the first grade Teaching Assistant and all the parents of the kindergardeners that she subbed for just loved her. It's really hard to get a teaching job here and even though she is a certified teacher and taught first grade in another state, she had to take a position as a TA instead of a teacher. I'm happy for her that she gets to be the teacher and not just fill in until they hire a new one and I'm happy for Cade that he now knows who his teacher will be and that he really likes her. Cade is pretty nervous about starting school but I'm sure after the first few days he'll be happy to be back in his routine.

No comments: