Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy 7th Bday Cade!

My "baby" boy turned 7 on August 12th! Since he's a summer baby we had his party on his real birthday from 9-11 a.m. Before we went to the party he opened presents from family. Omie had sent a mysterious gift that Cade was waiting to get his hands on. Here he is trying to open it. Watch the video at the bottom to see him opening Omie's gift. (I couldn't get it to upload because it was so long, I'll try again later). He had told her he wanted a box of tissues with 100 $1.00 bills in it so she sent him lots of pennies and toilet paper and also the DS game Cade is holding. Maddi gave Cade this Tastey Science kit. Ignore the background of these pics. We are in the process of cleaning out the guestroom which is becoming a nursery and it's a bit of a disaster area right now. Another gift from us Bakugan, some weird game boys play with little balls that turn into creatures and have cards with powers, etc. I don't get it, but I've played it with Cade a few times. I just don't get boys. Cade wanted the tissue box with money because my Uncle gave that to me one year when I was a teenager. I told Cade about it and he thought it was really cool. He got tissues from me but only 7 $1.00 bills. You can see from his goofy face that he thought the $7.00 was pretty cool! Cade had his party at Bounce Town, same place Maddi had her party last year. Cade wanted his party at home with a bounce house but I convinced him to have it there since it didn't cost much more and it was indoors and they had so many fun things to do rather than one bounce house and the kids tearing my house apart. They had a blast. Here's Cade on one of the slides. Boys being boys playing with balls.... Cade and friends playing air hockey. Brett monitored the air hockey table for a while since they were all arguing over who got to play next and when the games should end. Maddi with our little neighbor, Andrew. She is going to be such a great big sister to our new baby. She is so good with the little ones. Boys being boys again...playing dodge ball. Video of these crazy boys playing is at the bottom of this post. Watch the video below to see what the kids were doing on this wall, jumping off like crazy people. That's what Maddi was about to do. Not long after this picture Maddi landed on Cade's hand or foot or something and Cade started crying and pouted the rest of the time in that room before cake/presents. My kids ALWAYS cry at their parties. I told them their theme is "it's my party, I can cry if I want to" and Cade was not happy when I tried to get a picture of him crying just for the memories. Deep thought about his birthday wish or still staying with his theme...it's my party, I can cry...? Big breath. He asked for ice cream cone cupcakes. I filled the chocolate ones too full of batter and they overflowed down the cones. They didn't look so great, but the kids seemed to like them. Candles are all blown out...hope his wish comes true. Some of the kids enjoying their snack, drink, and cupcake. Me and Maddi with the birthday boy. Notice how sweaty Cade is. Poor guy was dripping in sweat from playing so hard. Daddy and Maddi and bday boy. Cade with one of his best friends, Jack. It was a great party and he got lots of fun presents. I know it's so cliche, but I don't know how Cade is 7, seems like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. It's so fun to watch him grow up and turn into such a big boy, but sometimes I wish I could freeze him right where he's at and not let him grow anymore! Happy 7th Birthday Cade Forrest!!!

No comments: