Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Golf, Spa and Pictures


Wednesday the boys went to play golf bright and early. Here is Joel with Alex and Mike. Mike is Brett's step-sisters husband and Alex is his son. They were very hot but had a great time playing golf.

They took over 100 pictures playing golf. Seriously. Brett was so happy to have so many pictures of his swing. I'll never understand golf, oh well. While the boys were playing golf, Texas Grammy set up a spa at the house for the girls. I don't have pictures of it, because Brett had the camera playing golf, but we had a great time and everyone has beautiful nails to prove it. Becca tried to paint Emalyn's toes but she wouldn't cooperate. I think she was too ticklish.

We spent the rest of the day swimming and then that night we had a photographer come to take family pictures. This year was the first time that everyone was together in a very long time, so it was a great time for pictures. Will is such a spunky little guy but he was so sweet and gentle with Emalyn. Next year they will be partners in crime, I'm afraid.

Instead of going to the beach we decided to take pictures at the house where we were staying. They had a great tree and Cade asked Brett to come out and take his picture while we were waiting for the photographer.

Others played cards while waiting for picture time. You could usually find someone playing cards or dominoes at the table during the day/night.

There was a very strange bird that would fly into the windows on the side and back of the house all throughout the day. We all were very curious about the story of this bird and how he got so looney.

For the last part of our photo session I suggested that everyone jump in the pool with their clothes on. I got to sit out with Emalyn and stay dry, but most everyone else jumped in and had a great time. Maddi says that was one of her favorite parts of summer camp this year. Once everyone dried off they were rewarded with strawberry mice. I love how all the girls are watching and listening to Texas Grammy so intensely as she shows them how to put the eyes on with icing.

Texas Grammy was always so patient with all of her "little helpers".

Sara and Grace showing off their mice.

This picture of Todd and Joel makes me laugh. Todd just has that look of trouble. He's such a funny guy. It made us all realize how much we miss living by him and the rest of the family in Texas!

No comments: