I found these pictures of the last baseball game of the season. It was actually a scrimmage with the boys a year younger than Cade that played on their team last year. Cade got to pitch a few times this year but I was never there when he pitched because I was taking/picking up Maddi from dance or teaching a class or something like that. I finally got to see him pitch this game and he did really well. He pitched one inning and struck out 2 batters.
The first game of the season a pop fly came to Cade and he pretty much ran away from it. Really, he let the 3rd baseman run back and try to catch it instead of Cade getting it. I'd run away from a fly ball too! Here comes a pop fly....
And he didn't run away, he got in position and he caught it!
You can see the dust coming out of the glove here. Well, Brett told Cade he'd take the whole team for ice cream if he caught a pop fly this season. So....
Here is Emalyn sleeping at McDonalds....
While the baseball team enjoys ice cream! Cade was quite proud of himself and the other boys were happy to get some ice cream. Funny thing was 2 days before at their last regular season game, the team made a double play. The coaches told them if they made a double play this season they would take them for ice cream. It was like deja vu being at McDonalds having ice cream celebrating for baseball.
No comments:
Post a Comment