Maddi had pe on the first day so she had to dress accordingly. Emalyn has become obsessed with socks, so she is sporting her "i dressed myself 2 year old look". She always wants socks on and they never match and then she puts her crocks on over the socks. I don't remember my other kids being so oppinionated about clothing, especially at such a young age. She's going to give us a good ride these next few years, I have a feeling.
We had well visits for both Maddi and Cade the other day so they could get their forms filled out for their inhalers for asthma at school. Cade was off the chart in height at 58 inches. Maddi was 70th% in height at 56 inches.
Sweet little Maddi girl. The new rage is having feathers in your hair. I totally don't get it, but whatever. It's not permanent so we let her get one. She got a red one that she paid for herself ($15, what a ripoff) and then she got a purple one at a birthday party last weekend. Everyone of all ages have those silly feathers in their hair. Maddi was very excited to start back to school. She has 28 kids in her class and only 10 of those are girls. Maddi seems to do well with boys, so she'll probably like that. I really hope Maddi has a wonderful school year. It's her last year in Elementary School!
Cade has changed so much in the last year. Last year before school I asked if he wanted to shop anywhere in particular for school clothes and he just said "I don't know where you buy my clothes." This year, he had to have a certain type of shoes, certain clothes, and even planned out what to wear for the first 2 days of school. I'm afraid he might start liking girls this year too, which makes mommy sad. He's my baby boy, but he's a cutie, so I know the girls will like him. Last year he had a comment for each girl like "she smells like cheese, she doesn't brush her teeth, her hair's never brushed, etc." I hope he has a wonderful school year too like he usually does.
This is our new neighbor, Abby. She is 10 and in 5th grade like Maddi. They have hung out a few times and I think she is a really sweet girl and Maddi and her will be great friends. She put on her glasses after she saw Maddi wearing hers. I think it made them both feel better about wearing glasses.
I'm pretty sure I embarrassed Cade and Maddi when I walked with them up to their classes. When we got to the crosswalk at school, they both said "bye mom". I told them I was coming with them, so no need to say bye yet. Once I got up to their rooms, I realized I was one of the only parents in the 4th and 5th grade areas. Neither of them were too thrilled to have their pictures taken in the class. I know they need to spread their wings and fly, but sometimes it's hard!
Maddi got to choose where to sit for this week. She sat by her friend, Abby (who has her eyes closed). After school I was talking with her and she said she was torn what to do because there was a new girl sitting at a table all alone and she wanted to sit with her but she also promised Abby she'd sit by her. In the end, 2 other girls sat with the girl who was alone. Maddi just has a very tender heart and is always caring for others. It's truely a gift. She's so wonderful!
Both kids had a great first day! Maddi really likes her new teacher. Emalyn was thrilled to see her Bubba and Sissy too. The next morning, I was talking about the kids buying lunch at school and Emma went over to the cabinet and got out their lunch boxes and handed them to them. I think she knows that the big kids are back at school and remembers what that's all about. She knows it's her alone time with mommy, and she has pretty much attached herself to me like velcro. I don't think she's feeling well and has had a low grade fever, so hopefully this velcro thing is just a stage. Otherwise, it will be a long school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment