Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sunday = Funday!

Sunday, July 24th, we drove from Dallas to New Braunfels. We stopped in Waco and ate lunch at Rudy's with sweet Amy T and Ashlyn. I love those girls! Ashlyn is about 6 months older than Maddi. They haven't seen in each other in over 5 years (I used to stop at Amy Ts for a little break all the time when I'd drive to NB), but they got along great right away. I think those two would be good friends if we lived close by.

Amy T is one of the sweetest people I know and is a very good friend. I miss that sweet girl!

Sara and Grace drove us to Austin and then my mom met us there and drove us the rest of the way. Sara and Grace stayed the night with her cousin in Austin and met us at Schlitterbahn the next day. Cade was in heaven at the farm with his cousins! This is Paul, Cade and Blake on the four wheeler.

Lots of fun things to do at the farm, including the horsey swing.

Cade's big/old enough to ride the four wheeler alone!

Daddy wanted a ride too.

My mom keeps track of the grandkids growth on the door frame at the farm. It was time for an updated measurement for everyone. This is sweet little Benton. He turned 6 in June. The 4th oldest grandchild.

Miss Maddi girl will be 11 in October. The oldest grandchild!

Paul Lewis, all hot and sweaty! He will be 10 in October. The 2nd oldest grandchild.

Miss Maison. She just turned 6 July 18th. The 5th oldest grandchild.

The Bubbas. This is Blake getting measured. Will be 5 in September. 6th oldest grandchild.

Case! 7th oldest grandchild.

Emalyn was clingy and wouldn't really let us measure her. She will be two in November and is the 8th oldest grandchild. Mom and I were getting our picture taken to see who is taller. We measured the same on the door frame, which means mom has shrunk, but she does look taller than me. Must be my afro hairdo?!?

Brett, the shortest of the adult boys.

Cody, the tallest of the adult boys.

Cade man. Will be 9 in August. The 3rd oldest grandchild and the tallest!

After some fun at the farm, we headed back to everyone's favorite place, OMIE'S HOUSE! Maison was playing with the 9th oldest (also the youngest as of now) grandchild, little Quinn.

Emma and I with Katie and Quinn. I love all of my sisters in law. It was so great to see everyone!

Omie had made her world famous lasagna for dinner. It was delicious! Shirley, Al and Omie enjoyed a quiet-ish dinner in the dining room.

The Montanans, Katie and Cody.

The Chicagoans, with our w.t. baby. Emma LOVED Omie's homegrown tomatoes and lasagna. She got very messy, which is why she's naked.

2 very hungry bubbas. Those boys are the skinniest things I've ever seen and they eat like crazy!

The Houstonians, Todd and Breezy.

Girl cousins.

Paul and Cade. Those two boys have the best time together. It's so sad that they don't see each other often.

The girls (and Quinn) making/eating cookies.

After dinner, it was time for some baseball. Maddi and one of the bubbas were laying down getting some energy to play, I guess.

Maison and Cade got along so good. Maison has grown up so much and is such a sweet girl.

Benton waiting for a pitch from Uncle Todd.

Cody was trying out the guitar Shirley borrowed for him to play while he was visiting. He's so talented and he taught himself. I love hearing Cody and Katie play and sing together.

Omie's baseball team of grandkids! My mom and dad always envisioned grandkids playing baseball in their backyard when they were building their house. Now there's 9 grandkids, enough for their own baseball team.

Play ball!

Fuzzy and dark pictures, but important memories.

Emma needed some help from Daddy for the baseball game this year.


Maison's turn to bat.

The littlest ones had to quit the baseball game early for a bath. Little Quinn is the happiest, smiliest baby ever. Every time we'd look at him, he'd flash a nice big smile. These two little cousins loved each other.

Ha! Look at Emma's creepy face and Quinn looks like he's scared or shocked to see her so creepy. So funny!

It was bed time for the littlest ones. We had family pictures early the next morning. What a fun first day at Omie's house!

No comments: