1. Yesterday was the 11th Anniversary of my dad's death. It still breaks my heart today that he's not here with us to see all 9 of his grandchildren. It was also my newphew Paul's 10th Birthday and I am still so amazed at how God's timing is perfect. He gave our family such a blessing on such a sad day one year later.
2. Cade's fall baseball season is over. They had their first playoff game last night and lost 3-2. He was up to bat with the bases loaded and 2 outs and he struck out. Ouch! I was so nervous for him and felt so badly for him when he didn't get a hit. They ended up going another inning so it wasn't the last play of the game, but still, I felt bad for him and his team.
3. Last night when Emalyn was in the bath tub, Cade saw her and couldn't believe how long her hair is wet. He asked if I could straighten her hair so she could wear it long because she would look so cute. I'm not straightening it, but how cute that he even cares what his little sister looks like.
4. I saw a post on facebook today about how this winter for Chicago will be the worst in the nation. Awesome. Not.
5. This morning, Emalyn and I met our playgroup friends at Kuiper's Family Farm. They have an apple picking side and a pumpkin farm side. We started off at the apple side and bought some apple cider donuts. I had never had apple cider donuts before moving to Illinois and that's one reason I'm glad we moved here. Delicious! This was Emalyn's first taste of the donuts and she liked them!
I decided I should take a picture of her in front of the measurement side so if this becomes a tradition, I'll have some early pictures of her. She's almost 3 feet tall!
While we were waiting for all of our friends to get their donuts, we played on the horsies and tractors!
Then we headed over to the pumpkin farm side. First stop was the corn box. I hate sand boxes, but the corn box was cool. Same concept but not so dirty. These were the girls in the group today, Ashlyn, Emalyn and Lucy. Emalyn loves to talk about Ashlyn.
It took a little time, but I was impressed that Emalyn got in the corn box and got a little dirty.
This was the whole group today, 7 little ones.
Next, some of the kids went on the jumping pillow but Emalyn had duck races with Lucy...
...and Noah. She loved the water.
Then we went over to the barn where she posed on some hay and then we fed the animals.
She really came alive when we were with the animals.
Kisses for Noah.
She still doesn't know how to hug, it's more of a strangle. ha!
I told her to hug Noah by the cow and she ended up tackling him to the ground. They both fell down and got all dusty. Oh, Emalyn, silly girl.
Emma loves when we see horsies on our drive to/from dance and swimming. She was thrilled to see one in person at the farm.
Then it made a loud sound, and she was a little freaked out, and then laughed.
"A white goat", is what she's saying.
"Another one white goat"
"Black goats cute tail." Ha. That girl loves her colors and her animals.
We ate lunch and then made a quick stop at the pumpkin patch before heading home. Now she's saying "another one orange pumpkin". She would NOT smile, just kept talking about the things she saw.
We found a baby pumpkin she could hold. I love her tiny shadow in this picture.
We bought two pumpkins with our coupons and then stopped for a picture. I am so thankful that I have one on one time to spend with Emalyn. I often find myself rushing around from here to there and dragging her along with me. Yesterday instead of errands, I took her to story time at the library. I almost cancelled today to get things done but I'm so thankful I took the time to go. I'm trying to remember to slow down and enjoy life and especially this little one before she's all grown up.
The big little girl by herself. Cutie pie.
And now a kiss for the pumpkin. She was crashed out within a few minutes after leaving the farm. I'd say she had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment