Monday the kids didn't have school because it was Columbus Day. Maddi had Maddie spend the night with her Sunday night and Cade spent the night with Jack. Monday we went with the Hjelle's to the Brookfield Zoo. It was a gorgeous day and perfect for the zoo. We took our wild animals and saw some other animals too. For some reason, my kids are always hungry right when we get to the zoo. So, we stopped and had lunch right after we got there. Cade and Gavin...

Maddi and Maddie...

and Miss Emalyn. The Hjelle's are adopting a little girl from China and should get her in then next 8-10 weeks. She turned 2 in May so Emalyn and their baby, Elena, can be friends too one day.

Yummy pbj for this animal.

Whenever we go to the zoo, we really don't see that many animals. Probably because it's so big and we are either too tired to see them all or out of time. Most of the animals were out and very active so it was fun. This hippo was making his way into the mud pool.

There were 5 giraffes out behind the kids here.

A zebra horsey as we explained it to Emalyn. They are so pretty!

Emalyn being held by her Sissy. She made Maddi hold her for quite a while. I kept trying to get her to let me hold her, but she wanted nothing other than Sissy.

Part of the reason we didn't see so many animals was because they played at the park for a while and then we waited in line for ice cream for a while. Oh well, they were having fun and it's what they wanted to do.

Look at that face! I should mention too that Emalyn is wearing her signature look of mismatched socks. I don't really even notice anymore but as I was showing Brett the pictures, he pointed them out.

I love this picture of this sweet girl.

We saw the bears and that was fun because they were all awake. One of the bears even took a big poop for us. Even Emalyn is still talking about it. Then Lynn took the kids to see the penguins while I walked Emma around in her stroller. We saw this random peacock and after I put the camera away, it had mysteriously disappeared. I was glad to see the picture was on my camera because I started thinking I imagined that thing. Weird. Emalyn crashed out in her stroller and Cade fell asleep on the way home in the car. All of the kids were worn out and had a great day. It was nice to be able to catch up with Lynn too. Thanks Columbus for a great day off of school!

Maddi and Maddie...
and Miss Emalyn. The Hjelle's are adopting a little girl from China and should get her in then next 8-10 weeks. She turned 2 in May so Emalyn and their baby, Elena, can be friends too one day.
Yummy pbj for this animal.
Whenever we go to the zoo, we really don't see that many animals. Probably because it's so big and we are either too tired to see them all or out of time. Most of the animals were out and very active so it was fun. This hippo was making his way into the mud pool.
There were 5 giraffes out behind the kids here.
A zebra horsey as we explained it to Emalyn. They are so pretty!
Emalyn being held by her Sissy. She made Maddi hold her for quite a while. I kept trying to get her to let me hold her, but she wanted nothing other than Sissy.
Part of the reason we didn't see so many animals was because they played at the park for a while and then we waited in line for ice cream for a while. Oh well, they were having fun and it's what they wanted to do.
Look at that face! I should mention too that Emalyn is wearing her signature look of mismatched socks. I don't really even notice anymore but as I was showing Brett the pictures, he pointed them out.
I love this picture of this sweet girl.
We saw the bears and that was fun because they were all awake. One of the bears even took a big poop for us. Even Emalyn is still talking about it. Then Lynn took the kids to see the penguins while I walked Emma around in her stroller. We saw this random peacock and after I put the camera away, it had mysteriously disappeared. I was glad to see the picture was on my camera because I started thinking I imagined that thing. Weird. Emalyn crashed out in her stroller and Cade fell asleep on the way home in the car. All of the kids were worn out and had a great day. It was nice to be able to catch up with Lynn too. Thanks Columbus for a great day off of school!
No comments:
Post a Comment