We stopped in a store where they had a clown making balloon animals, cookie decorating and popcorn. Emalyn wasn't so sure about it all, so I decorated her cookie and Brett and I ended up eating it too. Her sweet face shows that she's trying to figure out if it's fun or not.
Talented multi tasking lollipop eating cookie decorators!
Some of our favorite scarecrows from this year:
Emalyn with the crazy hair ladies just like hers.
A larger than life kitchen sink from Colonial Cafe.
Maddi doing a scorpion like the yoga scarecrow.
The smurfs, including Papa Smurf!
ET!
Next stop was the craft stations. Maddi enjoyed the crafts...
...while Emalyn, Cade and Brett sat a table and let Emalyn color. It was such a gorgeous day. It would often "rain leaves" and we all decided fall is one of our favorite parts of living in Chicago. The trees are so beautiful and the weather has been perfect. We know to take time to enjoy it because old man winter will be here before we know it.
The kids picked out a snack. Maddi chose a caramel apple and Cade got shaved ice.
Brett got a corn dog and fries.
Sweetness!
Emalyn sampled everybody's snacks, starting with sissy's apple.
Moving on to sample Daddy's french fries.
She decided Bubba's shaved ice was her favorite.
More please Bubba! I say it all the time, but I am so thankful we had Emalyn for many reasons. One of my favorite things has been watching Cade with her. It's brought out a whole other side of Cade I never saw before. He adores her and would do anything in the world for her. I knew Maddi would be so wonderful with her and she totally is. It's been so fun seeing how great Cade is with her too. We are very blessed to have 3 wonderful children!
Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but Maddi's PE teacher from the past years is writing a book about childrens interactions with special needs children for his Ph. D. Maddi was one of 10 kids selected from over 1200 kids that the teacher has taught over the years that was especially kind to the special needs children. The teacher, Mr. Rider, came to our house yesterday to interview Maddi, Brett and I. He was here for over 2 hours and asked all kinds of questions about Maddi and how/why she acts the way she does. We basically said that we can't explain it, but it's just a gift that Maddi has. She is an incredibly kind child and has the most tender heart. The teacher said that although the kids that Maddi has been especially kind to might not ever say thank you, he thanked her for acting the way she does. Maddi doesn't act this way hoping to get noticed or rewarded, it's just who she is. However, she was very happy and proud to be comended for her behavior. It was one of those parenting moments when you feel so happy and proud of your child. Maddi is not perfect, none of us are, but she is a very special little girl and I can't wait to see what kind of wonderful things she does in her life!
No comments:
Post a Comment