Sunday was Maddi's actual birthday. We skipped church and had a lazy morning. Then we went out for lunch. She chose Famous Dave's and had ribs. Then we ran a few errands and the kids played with friends while Emma napped. After Emma woke up, we carved our pumpkin and Emma did some laundry! We had put her pjs in the washing machine in the morning and when she woke up from her nap, she was asking for them. I told her they were in the dryer and she said "Memma get pjs in dryer". She thoroughly enjoyed getting her pjs out and putting them back in and never once paid attention to the pumpkin carving.
Since Brett was doing the carving, the kids picked out a stencil to make it fancy. If mom does the carving, it's a boring face.
I'm sure Brett was telling them how important it is to be precise or something along those lines :) Love the Engineer for a dad!
Cade doesn't really enjoy the slimy guts.
Maddi loves the guts!
And Emalyn is still unaware that there is any excitment with the pumpkin, she's too busy doing laundry.
Those are most of her favorite pj parts in her arm and she's showing me her blue pants.
Time to put some of those pjs on!
After the guts were scooped, the kids separated the seeds so we could cook them. Brett did the carving.
Still in pj land.
The more pieces of pjs she has on, the better in Emma's world.
One happy little girl!
After the pumpkin was carved, we had some dinner. The kids and I were jamming to music on Maddi's ipad.
Emma moved on from pjs to shoes. You can find piles of shoes throughout our house. She had spent a lot of time putting socks on and off and shoes on and off earlier in the day before we went to lunch. She is Miss Independent and spends a lot of time mastering things by herself. She does not want our help. "No, Memma do it" is a common phrase in our house.
Had to include this picture. After Maddi's party Saturday, there were a bunch of leftover water bottles with the girls initials on them. I hate to throw out good water and we don't want to drink after them, so we are saving it to give to Cocoa. She's a dog, she doesn't mind drinking after 20 different people. Poor dog.
The finished pumpkin with a candle in it!
Nice work gang!
The rest of the evening was filled with Maddi playing on her ipad. She got some apps for math games. She can play ipad all day long if she's doing schoolwork at the same time :)
Cade spent the evening driving us nuts with his new Nerf Gun. It shoots discs instead of darts and he will tell you all about the pros and cons of each type of gun if you're willing to listen. I told Brett I am so thankful that I have Cade, but I am also so thankful that I only have one boy. Seriously. I think I'd lose my mind if I constantly had two boys running around shooting things or throwing balls or just being a boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment