Monday, January 2, 2012

Gymnastics!

Emalyn was all excited for her first day of gymnastics! The kids were still on winter break and Brett was off for New Years, so the whole family got to go watch Emma at her first class. She got a pink leotard from Omie for Christmas and she had refused to put it on before today. She would always say "I don't like leotard". Today she put it on and was ready for gymnastics.

I must say she looked so stinking cute with her diaper butt and big round belly in her leotard.

We looked in the gym and she thought it looked so fun.

We were all excited to see how she would like the class. Cade was so cute. Before gymnastics, we went to the gym because I had to teach a class. He asked about 3 times if I had remembered to bring her leotard. He couldn't wait to see her in it. I love that he thinks his little sister is so cute. He's a good brother for his sisters.

When the teacher came to get the kids, she immediately held the teachers hand, but also had a death grip on my hand. Poor baby had no idea I was leaving her. She spent a good amount of time being held by the teacher as she screamed "I want Mommy" over and over. Eventually she stopped crying and actually did some stretches...in the teacher's lap.

She even let the teacher put her down and held her hand without crying. Her favorite part was playing with the blocks in the foam pit. She even got out of the teacher's lap and got in the foam pit a few times to get some blocks. Yeah!

This is where the teacher was asking her if she wanted a turn to jump in the foam pit. She said no and jumped in the teacher's lap. Maybe one day...

Blurry pictures, but baby girl finally decided this might be kind of fun. When it was over, she ran out and gave me a hug and said "that was fun". Her teacher said she thinks she'll do great, she just needs some time to warm up. Reminds me of Miss Maddi girl. I knew if we did Mommy and Me, she'd never warm up and would cling to me the whole time which is why I put her in a class without a parent. She has asked about gymnastics again today and remembers her teachers name is Miss Brenda. We'll see how next week goes...

Before Emma ever took her first gymnastics class, Maddi has been "teaching" her gymnastics. She loves her time with sissy and will do whatever she says.

Flexible girls!

Kisses! I'm not sure who enjoys their time together more, Maddi or Emma. They both adore each other.

No wonder Emma does whatever Maddi tells her to do, she bribes her with Nerds!

After a few Nerds, it's back to business.



I should note that when Emma was crying at the beginning of class, Maddi kept asking me if she could go in class with her to make her stop crying. Cade kept demanding that I go get her out of class and rescue her. Emalyn sure is loved!

No comments: