Saturday, January 7, 2012

Two Can Be Fun

Although two year olds can test your patience, they can make you smile too. Last night before bed, I was reading Emma books in her room. She found her backpack in the closet as she was picking out books. She pointed out the E for Emma and I told her it said Emalyn and it was a backpack from Santa. She was excited it was from Santa and wanted to put some things in the back pack. She put her purple kitty cat (it's a racoon, but she calls it a Kitty) and Puppy (it's Maddi's dog, Bob, but she calls it Puppy) and a book in the backpack and zipped it up. I helped her put it on her back and told her Bubba and Sissy wear backpacks to school. She said "Emma school too. Bye bye" and walked down the stairs and then came back up to her room telling me she had fun at school. She did that a few times and then I told her it was time for bed. She insisted on wearing her backpack to bed, so I let her. About an hour later, Brett and Cade came home from basketball practice and I told them they had to come see Emma. We went in her room and took this picture. She had snuggled up in the corner of her crib wearing her back pack! We were all cracking up! Brett and I decided she shouldn't sleep in it all night so we took it off of her while she was sleeping, but I left it in her crib for her so she could play with it when she woke up. I thought she'd be attached to it all day today, but surprisingly, she wasn't.

The next pictures were taken on my phone during the week. Emma loves riding the horse, Sandy, when we go shopping at Meijer. She knows when we are at Meijer as opposed to Target or Dominicks and will ask if she can ride the horsie when we are all done. Speaking of stores, she knows the names of many stores. When we drive up to them, she'll say "We go shopping at Old Navy" or Michael's, Target, etc. She will also say "we go Bubba's swimming" or whatever I told her that we were doing that day. I can tell her, "we are going to Rush Copley and then church and then Meijer" and she'll ask after Rush Copley if we are going to church or whatever. Such a smart little girl. Reminds me of her brother, Cade, who loves him a schedule. She also makes me laugh because as soon as we get in the car and she says "we going ..." she'll say "almost there". I always say we're almost there, even if it's not even close to almost there, just to make her happy. She enjoys going in the car and will often want to go with Brett or I on the weekend if we are leaving for an errand.

Friday was a very rare, beautiful day in Chicago. It was January 6th and it was in the 50s and sunny. We took advantage of the great weather and walked to school to get the kids. Emalyn pushed her new shopping cart the entire way there. She walked the whole way home too, but she made Sissy push the shopping cart most of the way home. If Maddi would try to hold the cart instead of pushing it, Emma would yell at her "Sissy PUSH shopping cart!"

After school, we stayed and played on the playground for a while. Everyone was outside enjoying the unusually warm weather yesterday. This has been a winter I can handle so far this year.

No comments: