The second week of June was just as busy as every week of June. Maddi had the day off from dance Monday and she enjoyed some time in the kitchen. She made macaroni for lunch, jello for dessert and it seems like something else too but I have forgotten what it was. Brett was in the city for two nights for meetings and while he was there, they put him in the Presidential Suite. We considered spending a night with him but with Maddi's crazy dance schedule, it just didn't work out. Instead, we enjoyed the beautiful evening at home and watched Emma draw smiley faces with sidewalk chalk.
It is the cutest thing how she spins around in a circle to draw the circle and then puts on the eyes and mouth.
Tuesday I had to run a few errands at the mall and we made a quick stop at the Furry Babies store to see puppies. Cade was in love with this little husky. He wants to have a husky when he's an adult and name it snowball. He says he likes huskies because their eyes are blue and they remind him of Omie's eyes.
Emma was full of cheesy smiles. She really wanted to see a little puppy she could hold, but they were all sleeping. She asked to go back and see if the puppies were awake the next day so she could hold them.
Tuesday night, Cade had his first summer swim meet. Maddi had her friend, Jane, come with us and it ended up being a blessing Jane was there. 2 minutes after getting to the swim meet, Maddi asked for ice cream. I told her to take Emma to the park for a little bit and then have ice cream because we had all night to eat ice cream. Man, I wish I had listened to Maddi and let her have the ice cream....Maddi took Emma down the slide and felt they were going too fast so she pushed her leg against the side to slow down. Her knee buckled and she was hurt pretty badly. She started screaming in pain which made Emma start screaming. Jane came running back to the swim meet to find me. Maddi wouldn't straighten her leg at all and wouldn't stop crying (either would Emma) so I decided to take her to urgent care for xrays.
Thankfully Jane was with us to help me get Maddi to the car and into urgent care. Maddi enjoyed the wheelchair, I think. While in the waiting room, she pulled out a tooth, I should add. Brett was in the city and if he had tried to drive back out to Oswego, he'd be stuck in traffic and he wouldn't be much help at that point. Thankfully Cade was able to stay with some family friends and they cheered him on at the swim meet while I took Maddi. Apparently Cade did great in his first two events. I got back for his last event, 78, only to have the meet cancelled at event 74 due to the lights going off at the pool. It ended up Maddi had xrays that showed she didn't have any breaks or tears or anything. Jane and Maddi went home and Jane took care of Maddi until I was done at the swim meet with Cade. What a night!
Thursday we made our annual trip to the Jelly Belly warehouse in Wisconsin with the Deckers. The kids wanted to take the tour so they could get their free jelly beans :)
Maddi (11), Emma (2), Meg (5), Jill (8), Cade (9), Abby (9)
After we bought all of our sugary goodness, we headed to the park to burn some of it off. That also means the annual nasty jelly bean eating contest.
Emalyn was the only smart kid who didn't participate in the contest.
Meg and Emalyn spent some time hanging out together.
I wonder if Cade was eating boogers, canned dog food, skunk spray, diaper wipes, or what flavor or grossness.
Maddi taking just a little taste.
I've never tasted these nasty flavors, but I have smelled the kids breathe after eating them and I can say their breathe smelled just like dog food, skunk, etc. NASTY!
Crazy how big the kids are all getting.
Once the kids made their way to digging in the sand, it was time to call it a day. As always, we had a great time visiting. We are so happy they have moved back from China and hope to see them later this summer again.
Later that week, Cade bought a new water gun and Emma enjoyed learning how to use it. Now that the weather is nice and warm, Emma loves to go outside and hang out, even by herself. Such a cutie pie!
No comments:
Post a Comment