This girl is a riot. I keep saying that the Kelly Clarkson song "Stronger" is her theme song. It says "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and if Emma doesn't end up killing me, I will be one seriously strong Momma. Emma really is a very sweet girl (I know you'll be reading this one day, Emalyn) and in so many ways is such an easy child. But...in some ways she really pushes my buttons and makes me crazy! That's what 2 year olds do, right? I think the biggest issue is that I am strong willed and know what I want and Emalyn is apparently a chip off the old block and is also very strong willed and knows exactly what she wants. The problem lies in when we don't want the same things :) She has a mind of her own, for sure. This is one of her outfits she came up with and insisted on wearing. She was so proud of herself. This leisure suit is one of her favorite things to wear when she has to wear clothes, not her usual leotards, costumes and swimsuits. We were going to the gym and she wanted to play on the mats so she had to wear socks. The shoes have been in my closet in a bag to donate because they don't fit anymore. Definitely not anything I'd dress her in, but sometimes I just have to go with it. I'm pretty sure I would have NEVER let Maddi out of the house looking like this. I'm also pretty sure Maddi NEVER dressed herself, she's just not opinionated like that.
She was so proud and was posing for pictures. Oh Emalyn Faith, thanks for the laughs and entertainment.
Emma is still super shy but at times she will surprise us and really come out of her shell. This mom, Megan, has been trying to talk to/play with Emma the whole baseball season (her son is on both of Cade's teams). Finally at the last regular season game after party, Emma decided to be friends with Megan and went over to talk to her and sit by her.
Emalyn loves to spend time outside and her new thing is to take her snacks and/or meals outside to eat at the little table under the swing set. I always feel so bad for her that she's out there all alone, but she keeps asking to go out there, so she must enjoy it. I can remember Maddi and Cade sitting out there together and it makes me sad that Emma doesn't have a sibling close in age to do those things with. It doesn't seem to bother her in the least, so I guess I won't let it bother me. At least she has Cocoa to hang out with.
Some other funny Emalyn things:
*She loves to climb in the car and carseat by herself. One day we were driving to a baseball game and when we were almost there she said "Mommy, my's carseat isn't buckled." I realized I never buckled her in after she climbed in it. I think I need to teach her how to buckle herself!
*She is getting so independent and wants to take her lids on and off her sippy cups when we fill them up. She also loves to help Brett get dressed in the mornings if he's still home when she wakes up. She will take the lids on and off his contact case, pick out a shirt for him to wear and just talk with him as he gets dressed.
*Emma loves her schedule. She always asks me what we are doing each day (just like her big brother) and she likes to talk about the schedule of events as the day goes on. She has recently started asking me "what time?" Like if we are going to Rush Copley, she'll say "what time Mommy?". I know she doesn't understand time, but she knows it means something to her schedule.
*She always wants a pigtail in the back, probably because it's getting warmer. She used to be so good about letting me do whatever I want to her hair. This girl is taking away all of my control :(
*I love when she uses the word "sometimes". She seems to use it a lot, whether she's talking about her babies or her schedule, it comes up and it always makes me smile when she says it. She is just talking like crazy in complete sentences and full conversations. It's so cute.
*She's learned the power of "please". She loves to play doctor with Bubba and Sissy and they don't always want to play. (shocking, right?) When they say no she says "Please, please play doctor (or whatever she wants)". It's so sweet when she does this so she almost always gets what she wants.
I know there are more, but that's all my brain can think of right now. This is why I have to write these things down, but they will be forgotten forever if I don't write it down. We love you little Emma, even if I do think you're trying to kill me at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment