Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Father's Day 2012

I have seen so many cute things on Pinterest and when I saw this cake, I knew we had to make this for Brett. I showed it to Maddi and she really wanted to do it herself. She loves watching Cake Boss, Cupcake Wars and other shows like that, so this was right up her alley. I ended up baking the cake because Maddi was at a birthday party and then went home to play with the birthday girl for a while after the party, but Maddi did all of the decorating. She did a great job and was very proud, as she should be. Cade was really excited about the cake too, even though he didn't really do anything to help with it.

Maddi made the cake on Friday and we hid it from him until lunch time on Saturday. We decided to let him have it early because cake is always better when it's fresh :)

Brett with his 3 little ones who made him a dad (and a man, right Omie? ha).

Sunday morning, Cade had a baseball game and then we made our annual trip to Texas Roadhouse. The pictures this year didn't turn out so great, partly because of the littlest subject, partly because of the sun, and mostly because I only had my phone camera. Oh well, there's a picture with each of the kids with their eyes closed.

We had a great time celebrating Brett, who is an amazing father. He loves his children dearly and they each love him back just the same. I am so thankful that my children have such a loving and kind dad who teaches them how to treat others by his actions. Each of the kids have a special relationship with Brett and it's so fun to watch them interact. We are all very lucky to have Brett in our lives.

We ate ourselves sick of rolls and other goodness then came home and watched our wedding video. We recently had our videos transferred to dvd and thought it would be fun to show the kids parts of it. I always miss my daddy so much on Father's Day so it was a great way to see my dad and relive some memories of him. After some down time and a nap for Emalyn, we ended the day at the pool. It was a great day celebrating Daddy Brett.

No comments: