Friday, June 15, 2012

Sad and Happy

Monday, June 4th was a happy and sad day. It was the last day of school. It was also Maddi's last day at Elementary School. I honestly can't believe she is moving on to junior high. I remember it like it was yesterday that she was going to kindergarden. We moved from Texas half way through kinder so she's been at the same school for all but one sememster. I think we know pretty much everyone at the school and everyone that Maddi has had for a teacher has been so good to her. I know that she has touched many of the teachers she has had too with her sweetness and willingness to keep working hard. Cade will have his last year at elementary next year and then we won't have anyone in elementary until Miss Emalyn enters school. That makes me feel old...

These 3 kiddos have all gotten so big and grown up. I am so proud to be their mom.


Maddi girl on the last day of fifth grade. She was very happy but also a little sad and worried about the unknown of junior high school. When they were cleaning out their desks, Maddi had a ridiculous amount of stuff (junk). She had two big shopping bags full. They were too full and ripped open. The teacher gave her other bags and apparently as she was walking down the hall, those bags ripped too. I'm afraid we might see Maddi on the next episode of hoarding. Ha! I made her go through the stuff with me so she could see what she should have tossed during the year. Organized is not a word that describes Miss Maddi.

Emma wanted her picture taken too, she wants to do whatever Bubba and Sissy do. She will go to preschool 3 days/week in the fall and I think she is going to really like it. She is getting so smart and grown up and having real conversations with us. So many things about her remind us of Cade (schedules, sleep, puzzles, legos) and so many things remind us of Maddi (sensitive, shy, nurturing to baby dolls) and so many things are just Emalyn (stubborn, sassy).

I love seeing the relationships between the kids. Maddi and Emma adore each other and Maddi is like a second mom to her. Cade and Emma also adore each other and Cade treats her like a princess, he'll do whatever she wants. Maddi and Cade are not always sweet to each other, but at the end of the day, I know that they each love each other so incredibly much and would do anything for each other.

I had to post one of these pictures of the birds on the bball goal because Brett took as many or more pictures of the birds as he did of the kids. Silly Brett.
Overall, it was a great school year, and it flew by. I think it was the fastest school year, but maybe they all seem that way at the end of it. Cade had an awesome teacher, the same one he had in fourth grade and he continued to excel in all areas. He had straight A pluses the entire year, even in 5th grade math. He is a model student, we hear it from every teacher that has ever had him. I am thankful that school is so easy for him.
Maddi had a good classroom teacher and wonderful math teacher and reading teachers. The math and reading resource teachers both really seem to love their students and I know that they really enjoyed having Maddi in class. She is also a great student and works incredibly hard. She had all A's and B's all year and we are so proud of her efforts. I have to say I learned a lot this year as Maddi had to memorize the states, capitals and state codes of the US. She never dreamed she would be able to memorize them all and she did so awesome! I was so proud.
I know Maddi and Cade are both ready for summer and I'm thankful I get to spend the summer with them.

No comments: