Because of Cade and his sleeping or lack there of, I am about to turn into a pumpkin myself. It is the strangest thing, but every year it seems that right before a time change Cade starts waking up before the crack of dawn. The past two mornings he woke up at 5:45 and 5:15 am. We told him if the first number on his clock is not a 6, he needs to stay in bed and try to go back to sleep. This morning he woke up at 4:57. He came in my room as happy as can be because there wasn't a 6 on his clock, it was a 4 so that meant he could wake up! He even wakes up and makes his bed at these early hours! He is the happiest little guy in the mornings, but I just can't wake up this early to enjoy him. He verifies the schedule for the day and then I take him downstairs and turn the tv on for him so I can go back to bed. He gives me "lovins" and says have a good sleep mommy. He's so stinkin sweet and so happy to start his day. By the time the rest of the house wakes up around 7, he's bored, hungry, and a little grumpy. What happens in a few weeks when 5:00 falls back to 4:00?!? I stress about this every time change and it always works itself out. Why and how does this happen? He'll make a good farmer one day and he'll even beat the rooster waking up! A few more days of this and I'll surely be a pumpkin!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Jack-o-lantern
Because of Cade and his sleeping or lack there of, I am about to turn into a pumpkin myself. It is the strangest thing, but every year it seems that right before a time change Cade starts waking up before the crack of dawn. The past two mornings he woke up at 5:45 and 5:15 am. We told him if the first number on his clock is not a 6, he needs to stay in bed and try to go back to sleep. This morning he woke up at 4:57. He came in my room as happy as can be because there wasn't a 6 on his clock, it was a 4 so that meant he could wake up! He even wakes up and makes his bed at these early hours! He is the happiest little guy in the mornings, but I just can't wake up this early to enjoy him. He verifies the schedule for the day and then I take him downstairs and turn the tv on for him so I can go back to bed. He gives me "lovins" and says have a good sleep mommy. He's so stinkin sweet and so happy to start his day. By the time the rest of the house wakes up around 7, he's bored, hungry, and a little grumpy. What happens in a few weeks when 5:00 falls back to 4:00?!? I stress about this every time change and it always works itself out. Why and how does this happen? He'll make a good farmer one day and he'll even beat the rooster waking up! A few more days of this and I'll surely be a pumpkin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment