Friday, October 5, 2007

Where is Cade?


This picture was taken at the Children's Museum tonight. They had a member party to celebrate the opening of a new exhibit. Maddi came from dance and is showing off her leg extension that she does 593 times a day!

This is a mirrored maze that the kids just love. I was looking at all the reflections of Cade to try and find our real son and bring him back home. Cade has been quite the challenging child this week and I'm ready to get our sweet boy back. It all started last Saturday when Cade had a big pile of Pokemon cards at lunch (Pokemon is some weird trading card game). Turns out he took some cards from a boy at soccer. I put the boys cards in a bag for Cade to return to him and today I found Cade had taken the cards back out of the bag and added them to his cards so he was trying to take them again! I grounded him from Pokemon until Halloween and this meant he could not play with others kids cards, talk about Pokemon, buy Pokemon, etc. 10 minutes after grounding him I went out side to get the mail and saw a neighbor out the and talked with her 10-15 minutes about the troubles Cade has been giving us. I come back in the house and see Cade sneak something behind his back only to find it's POKEMON CARDS!!! He is now grounded from them until Thanksgiving. Ugh....he doesn't get it. Some other trials we've been through this week with Cade are: lying about eating gingerbread, lying about sneaking a fruit by the foot, telling a boys mom at dance that I said he can play in the parking lot, sneaking a quarter to buy candy at dance only to be found hiding by the fridge with a mouth full of candy (he was specifically told not to bring a quarter for candy), and many others I can't even list them all. He is now grounded from all sorts of things that I can hardly keep track. Maddi asked him how many things he's grounded from and he said 628. How can you stay mad a kid who is so funny, stubborn, explosive, apologetic, etc? I can't wait until this stage passes and I can stop being mean mom. He's testing the boundaries and he's finding that mom is more stubborn and smarter than he is.

On the other hand, he has been great in kindergarten. We went to celebrate tonight that both kids have gone 4 weeks without getting in trouble at school. We had ice cream at Cookie Dough Creations. Maddi's teacher gives them little cards if they stay on green all week. Maddi was working on collecting 4 cards and then getting ice cream for a treat. Tonight was the night to celebrate, so even though Cade is on the list, he's done something right by behaving at school. Thank goodness! Both Maddi and Cade are always so good at school and behave well and are very successful academically. We are very fortunate. I guess they save all their antics for home, lucky Brett and I.

Tomorrow we are off to dance, soccer and the Scarecrow Festival. Pictures from the festival coming soon!

1 comment:

S, J, B, & S said...

It's so fun keeping up with your family even though you're so far away! Your kids are precious, and I am getting a little glimpse of what I have to look forward to in about 5 years with Blake! ;)