Monday, May 12, 2008

Another Weekend Gone

Another fun filled jam packed weekend has come and gone. Friday Maddi had a dress rehearsal and we ended up staying later because the kids were having fun hanging out with friends and Brett was gone getting a massage. (We gave it to him for his birthday back in September and he finally used it after I made an appointment for him). We got home sort of late and the kids went right to bath and bed.

Saturday morning the kids woke up early and we watched ET. Yes, the E.T. from when we were kids. They both totally LOVED it. It's so funny, Cade is really intersted in what a speak and spell is after seeing E.T. take it apart and communicate with his family with it. I forgot all about Speak and Spells and realized my poor kids missed out on part of their child hood because they were deprived of a speak and spell. I was afraid Maddi would be upset at the end of E.T, but Brett assured her E.T. would be fine and she didn't even shed a tear. I can remember being so upset and scared as a kid watching him in the bubble. After the movie it was time to get dressed for the first dance recital.

Brett went to get dirt and mulch for the yard and got a little yard work done before he took Cade to play at a friend's and came to watch the first half of Maddi's recital. Then Brett left to take Cade to his soccer game. Maddi and I didn't get home until after 8:30 when both recitals were finished. We were all worn out and went to bed early. Here is a picture of Maddi with Rachel killing time before the recital. They were playing hangman or something.

A quick pic with Daddy before he left to take Cade to soccer. There was one dance at the recital with the itty bitty ballet class that had me in tears. It was the song Butterfly Kisses which makes me sad anyway. The little 2 and 3 year old girls were precious, most of them just standing there looking cute. Then their daddies came out on stage and they twirled them around and the girls hugged on them, etc. It was so sweet. I am so glad Maddi never did that dance because I would have been bawling.
Me and Maddi before the first recital. Saturday was actually nice and sunny and in the 70s. I enjoyed it for a few minutes before being inside for the rest of the day. It was a long weekend watching a LOT of dance, but it's fun to watch my Maddi Girl. It brings back lots of memories of all my dancing days.



Sunday it was crazy windy and cold and rainy. I guess a few ducks decided to hang out in the mulch that Brett had just put down Saturday. They were here for over an hour. We left and went to lunch and when we came back they were gone. The kids were hoping they were going to make a nest in our yard, but it seems that maybe the male was making the female a mommy (if you know what I mean).
Brett and Cade came to the first half of the Sunday recital and then I stayed with Maddi until it was all over. We came home, ate a small dinner and got the kids in bed. Then Brett and I watched the finale of Survivor. It was actually a really good season, and I was sad it was over. I know I'm a loser for loving reality tv.
That's all folks.


No comments: