The last picture shows the four girls in my group. Claire, Maddi H, Julia, and my Maddi. One of the girls in my group would get excited and run off to check out whatever caught her eye. I was paranoid I was going to lose her. I don't have the best track record with keeping children that I come with. I lost Cade at the water park at Fiesta Texas. That was one of the scariest moments in my life. A few weeks ago I took some neighbor kids with me to pick up Maddi from school. They were playing on the playground while I went to get Maddi. I came back the playground to find a teacher with a little boy running around in the open area by the street. I thought to myself, nobody is even watching that little boy. What a great parent they are. Then I realized....that's my 3 year old neighbor that I'm supposed to be watching! I am happy to report that I returned all of the children that were under my watch at the zoo today.
2. When will I ever learn? I have told a few people lately that Cade has been doing so well with his asthma and I think he is outgrowing it. Well, me and my big mouth! He had a rough night Wednesday and then Thursday throughout the day he was getting worse and worse. Last night he spend the night in bed with me and Brett in the guest bedroom so we could do his inhaler around the clock. The worst part of having asthma is the night cough. It makes it so hard for him and anyone else in the house to sleep when he's coughing all night long. We have been really aggressive with the treatment and tonight he seems to be doing a bit better. Poor guy. I hope he can get some sound sleep tonight.
4. No grape juice allowed. Why is it that whenever kids have grape juice or any other brightly colored juice, they spill? It's never water that gets spilled all over a freshly mopped floor or on a brand new outfit. Without fail when my kids have grape juice they spill and not just a little spill, it's a full glass that gets all. over. the place. Last week when we were signing Mother's Day cards for grandparents Cade spilled his grape juice and it got everywhere. My clothes were stained in grape juice, the chair, the freshly mopped floor, the cards and envelopes. My kids love grape juice, but I just can't let them have it for a long while.
5. Today was dress rehearsal for Sunday's recital. I volunteered to work the concession booth. I don't know why, but I kind of like making nachos and adding up in my head how much the order costs and making change. Takes me back to the MANY baseball concessions that I worked at my brothers games. I get to work it again tomorrow night at intermission. Woo hoo. Here is a video of her ballet dance. Enjoy!
5. Today was dress rehearsal for Sunday's recital. I volunteered to work the concession booth. I don't know why, but I kind of like making nachos and adding up in my head how much the order costs and making change. Takes me back to the MANY baseball concessions that I worked at my brothers games. I get to work it again tomorrow night at intermission. Woo hoo. Here is a video of her ballet dance. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment