Friday, May 23, 2008

Five for Friday




1. PLAY BALL! Cade started baseball last night. It's coach pitch because he played t-ball last year. Let's just say that it was apparent that Cade hadn't thrown, caught, or hit a ball since t-ball last year. He had fun as you can see from the first picture he was catching up with an old teammate from last year instead of paying attention to the coaches. Their team is the Cubs. I know I'm biased, but even though he might not have the best skills as of yet, he's the cutest in his baseball uniform!
2. WINTER, WINTER, GO AWAY....I only got a few shots from practice last night because I only stayed for about 15 minutes. It was so stinking cold and today it's cold and tomorrow should be better. It hardly feels like Memorial Day weekend when it's in the 50s with a cold chill in the air and windy. Sunday and Monday should be in the 80s. Yahoo! I know you people in Texas have been in the 90s so send some (not all) of your heat this way!
3. POOL TIME. Our neighborhood pool opens this wekeend, but you can't pay me to get in the water. They say it's heated but they just filled the pool up a week or two ago so it can't be that warm yet, especially when it was near freezing last night. It has to be 70 degrees for the pool to open each day. It should be 70 this weekend, so the kids are dying to go. Isn't that crazy? 70 degrees to go swimming.
4. TOOTH FAIRY TIME. Maddi lost a tooth this morning before school. She has a sleepover birthday party tonight and we aren't sure if she is going to take her tooth to the sleepover or leave it under her pillow at home even though she won't be here. I'm sure the tooth fairy will find her tooth no matter where she decides to leave it, but I think it would be best to leave it at home. Maddi is concerned the tooth fairy won't come if she isn't here. This is her 8th tooth to loose, so all four top and bottom front teeth are gone. What a big girl!
5. KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS. Since Cade only goes to kinder half a day (2 1/2 hours actually, not half a day. ugh) he ends up running errands with mom quite frequently. Most days he endures it pretty well, others not so much. His new thing when he's had enough of the errands, he tells me "focus mom, focus". Like when I say we're going in the store for butter, milk, and eggs and then start looking at cereal he'll say "focus mom, focus. That's not on your list." Did Brett teach him this? I never say that to Cade. How does he know that I need help with staying focused? Gotta love the kid.
When Maddi woke up yesterday morning she said, "You know how I've had Kit (her American Girl doll) for a while and then I just got my Bitty Baby. Now I don't really want to play with Kit very much, just my Bitty Baby. Is that how you feel about me and Cade? You've had me longer, do you want to spend more time with Cade because he's newer?" What kind of kid thinks of these things? I assured her that I love her and Cade the same and in different ways since she is older and a girl and Cade is younger and a boy but I certainly don't want to spend more time with one of them than the other. Deep thought for such a young kid.

No comments: