1. Gotta love kids. I know I say it all the time, but kids are so funny. They just speak their mind. Cade had a friend over and she (yes, Cade played with a girl. This is a first for sure.) wanted her mom to bring her a Webkin so they could play Webkinz together. She said, "my mom is going to bring me a spotted pony webkin. IF she remembers. She's always forgetting things." To which Cade said, my mom forgets too. Probably worse than your mom. Thanks Cade, I heard that!
Cade also informed us last week that he has actually moved to yellow twice this year. Their classroom behavior system has them all start on green and if they get in trouble they move to yellow, then red, etc. One of the times he moved to yellow was for doing a summersault during calendar time. That's my boy. I'm actually pretty amazed that he's only moved to yellow twice this year. Who knows, it could me more considering that he just now decided to fess up to the two times, there could be more.
2. I got out of yard work! Woo hoo. Cade was going to play with a friend today and I wasn't sure if the friend was coming here or if Cade was going there. We really need to do some work in the yard so I offered for the friend to come here so I could get the yard work done. The other mom insisted that Cade come to their house and I can have the afternoon free. So, off to the mall and other places to run errands and I didn't have to do yard work. I just don't enjoy working in the yard. I like the yard, flower beds, etc. to look nice, but I don't want to do the work. So, now Brett will get to do all the work tomorrow. I MIGHT help him if I'm in a really good mood. My mom LOVES working in the yard and getting dirty and playing in the dirt. I'm pretty sure I am NOT her child.
3. Brett and I have a hot date tomorrow night. Not really a hot date, but we are going to a Gala for the kids school. Last time we went to a Gala Brett had a great time with the stickers for the silent auction and we came home with all sorts of "souvenirs" from the evening. Hopefully he won't "win" so many auctions this year!
4. Getting older. So, I had my birthday this week and it was so nice to have so many family and friends call and send cards, etc. I love birthdays whether it's a kids or adults, I just like thinking back to that special day when our lives began. Since I realize I'm not a "kid" anymore, I am trying to do things that we should all do as we age. One of those things I did was visit the dermatologist. I had all of my freckles and moles looked over (I must say he was very quick considering I have 5 MILLION all over my body. ugh) and I got a green light. He also pointed out how important it is to wear sunscreen and cover up when I'm in the sun. I'll try to be good, I really will.
1 comment:
Glad your skin check went well. I am proud of you for finally going! It was nice to catch up a little the other day.
-EBD
Post a Comment