We went to lunch before Maddi's last dance recital. As you can tell from this picture Cade was not in a great mood when I made them take a picture so I could remember them from Mother's Day 2008. He was so angry with me that he said he never wanted to see me again. Isn't that a wonderful Mother's Day gift!?! An hour later when Maddi and I got home from the rest of the recital he was all happy and lovey dovey and sorry for what he had said and done. I just keep telling myself that one day he'll have a child just like himself and maybe, just maybe that child will do the same thing to him on Father's Day.
I am typing this post on my new Mother's Birthday gift. A new laptop! My b-day is this week too and so Brett decided to call it Mother's Birthday. Brett was less than thrilled to find that I had paid a surprise visit home yesterday between dance recitals to find that my laptop was sitting out on the kitchen table. He was trying to get it all set up for me and then he had to leave to take Cade to his soccer game but figured I wouldn't be home and just left it all out on the table. I tried to play like I didn't see it, but I confessed yesterday when he found out we had come home for a bit. Poor guy. He was trying so hard to give me a big surprise, but even though I didn't try to find out about it, I still did. Thanks Brett, for the new laptop!
Happy Mother's Day everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment