
I am way behind on my posts....this is from a few weekends ago when we went to the Chicago Air and Water Show. We missed the water part, but the air show was so much fun. Notice the hearts the planes made in the pic above...that's how we feal. We heart the Air Show! Something was wrong with my camera and most of the pics with the planes had a big black spot on them. Either the lense was dirty or the sun was too bright, who knows, I'm not one to find out what the problem is and fix it.

We had no idea that we'd actually get a great spot on the wall of the lake where Brett and I sat and then the kids played in the lake. We totally weren't prepared and had not swimsuits, snacks, towels, etc. We were just winging it and never expected we'd actully stay for a while and enjoy the show. Notice in this pic of Cade and Brett that Cade's front tooth is sticking out over his lip. He has a loose tooth that he won't wiggle or let me wiggle so it's not coming out and it's starting to look funky. You know how I love those funky loose teeth...I want to rip it out!

Maddi and Cade are constantly being asked if they are twins. Notice their height, almost even. Maddi wants to be a twin so she doesn't answer because she doesn't want to lie to people but she wants them to think they are twins, so she says nothing.

So since we were so unprepared the poor kids had to play in the lake in their clothes. We knew it was a matter of time before they were all soaking wet and sandy. We were on Michigan Avenue at the Oak Street Beach so I just walked on over to Macy's and lucked out with suits for the kids. They only had a few small girl suits left and luckily they had two of the same for Maddi and Emily. They no longer had boy swim shorts so I got him regular mesh shorts. They were all on clearance and I got Maddi, Emily and Cade all new suits for $13.00 and change. When we rode the bus down Michigan Avenue Brett gave me a hard time about not being able to get off and do some shopping. As luck would have it, I did get to shop after all (who cares that it was a quick trip just for kids suits, shopping is shopping).

Talk about some happy kiddos in their new suits. Now they got to really enjoy the lake. The air show was great, but it was so much better since the kids were swimming in the lake. They would swim, look up at the cool planes, and go back to swimming.

Cade was thrilled that he could play in the sand and not have to worry about getting dirty.

Maddi spent time making a sandcastle with trash in the lake and on the beach.

After getting the kids changed back into their clothes, we headed over to Uncle Julio's on North Avenue. The kids were starving and were having a great time playing with the flamingos from our margaritas and the dough for tortillas that the tortilla maker gave them.

Brett and I were happy enjoying our swirl margaritas and some good ol Mexican food. Maddi took our picture and informed me after taking it that I look fat. Don't you love an honest girl?!? She told me to sit differently and took our picture again but it was blurry, so you get to see the fat one. If you ever want to know if your butt looks big, just ask my Maddi girl. Wonder where she gets that trait.....After Uncle Julio's we got back on the train and headed back to the 'burbs because Cade had his first football game Sunday.

Check out my little football stud #45 Cade McDonald. They won their game 19-0 and it was so fun to watch. Cade is still trying to figure it all out, but in my eyes, how you look is just as important as how you play and he's looking good in his little uniform if you ask me!

At the home games they even have a little run through. They have cheerleaders who cheer for them as they run through and they announce their names.

That's my boy. He played first team offense and was on the kick off return team. He almost got the ball on the first kickoff which made Brett and I really nervous. He would have gotten clobbered, I'm sure, and never wanted to play again. He liked the game and was surprised how fast and easy it was compared to practice.
3 comments:
O my gosh I do believe I've swam in that lake before. My grandparents and cousins lived in Chicago. Isn't that where you are?
Yes, it's Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago. It looks like an ocean, but it's one of the Great Lakes.
Great pictures! And by the way if you look fat in that pic (or any) I look Chinese in mine!!
Post a Comment