Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First of First and Second

You can see I am busy catching up on blogging and that's because the kids started school today! There was a bit of chill to the air today so Maddi threw on her jacket. Of course as luck would have it, I had to wake Maddi up (she is such a late sleeper, but she was in a good mood because she was ready to go to school). I let her sleep as late as possible so that made me behind schedule and we were rushing out the door so they wouldn't be late on their first of school. I snapped a few quick pics and we were off.
Maddi, my big second grader. I can hardly believe she is the same age as the kids I taught when I found out we would be having a bundle of joy. She is so excited about going back to school, probably because one of her best friends, Maddie, is in her class and they sit at the same table right across from each other. Hopefully they don't get in trouble with that, but they are both good kids so I don't see it being a problem.


My "baby" Cade all ready for full day in the first grade. He was not very excited to start, he was more nervous. I wrote him a schedule on an index card for his pocket and you can see he has his watch on see he can know how much longer until I come to pick him up. I'm volunteering today at lunch with first grade to help open their juice boxes, etc. so I can't wait to see him and hear how his day is going.

Maddi with Mrs. Alyward, her teacher. She seems very sweet and Maddi is excited to have her.

Cade with Miss Provost, his teacher. She is very fun and lively and I think Cade will have a fun time with her.




No comments: