We got a little glimpse of the teen years to come Saturday morning. All started well and then there was a little arguement between Maddi and Cade and the next thing you know, Maddi has her backpack packed and she's running away! I was washing my face and getting ready when Maddi came in to tell me goodbye and she's leaving (wearing her pjs by the way). I told her not to leave, but she was already downstairs and out the door before I could get my face washed and dried. Luckily Brett was out front mowing and saw her come out and rescued her. He brought her back in and we had a little heart to heart with lots of tears and she says she'll never do it again. She's just so emotional and so fragile and she's only 7! The girl wears me out and I think it will be good for her and her mom as well once school starts back in a few weeks and she gets back to her routine. It really was nothing at all that made her upset to want to leave and never come back. Could it have something to do with Cade's birthday on Tuesday? Maybe. Brett's brother just had their second child two weeks ago and the oldest child is lashing out at dad and grandma. It totally reminded me of Maddi when we brought Cade home. She loves Cade dearly and Cade adores her, but sometimes I think we still rocked her world by bringing home another baby.
So, after all the crying and apologizing etc. the teacher/counselor in me came up with a "happy box". Maddi and I decorated a box with stickers and hapiness and she is going to write all of her happy thoughts in the box. Whenever she is having an unhappy, blue day she can go back to her box and read all of her happy thoughts and focus on all of the good in her life instead of the bad. Girls. Thank you God for only giving me one girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment