Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random

I will post later about our fun trip to the Museum of Science and Industry, but here are some random things without pictures.

1. Football is going well. Cade barely cried Monday when they had their warm up lap and there haven't been any tears since. Yeah!!! He is actually having fun and is doing so well. I still get nervous for him when they hit each other but he is really holding his own out there. He is the youngest kid since he's still five until August 12th, but he's not the smallest, so that gives him an advantage.

I just have to say that I am so thankful that I had brothers growing up. (I never thought I would say those words. Ha ha) The world of boys and sports is quite different than my world of being a girly girl into dance. I've learned a lot from having brothers and it's helped me in having a boy since I'm the one who gets him ready each day. Who knew you need a cup (so fun. If you don't know what that is, don't ask), a girdle, rib pads, knee pads, shoulder pads, a helmet, chin strap, etc. and they're all pretty tricky to fasten properly. I did forget to put on his rib pads one day and that was pretty embarrassing when the coach called me over about 45 minutes into practice to ask if I had brought his rib pads and that he needed them on. I also learned that boys sweat A LOT and they can get pretty stinky and it's not even that hot here. Thank you God for my brothers and thank you for only giving me one stinky, sweaty boy to take to and from football.

2. I do not enjoy window wells. About this time last year I had a lovely post (with pictures) of our visitors in our window wells. Well, this afternoon Cade, Adam and Maddi came running in the house that there was a baby monkey in our window well. I only WISH it was a baby monkey. I took a look and said I didn't know what the fur ball was, but that it was not a baby monkey for sure. The kids took off down to the basement to get a closer look through the window. After further observation they decided it was a baby beaver. I was sure it wasn't a beaver either. Maddi saw a neighbor and called her over to identify the furry creature. Debbie told us it was a mouse and she would have her husband come over to rescue it. Gary, the dad, and Molly, the teenage daughter, came over to rescue the mouse. After getting the half dead mouse (maybe a bird dropped it in the well?) the kids noticed some of those nasty spotted frogs we found in there last summer. So he got those out too and then we headed over to the wetlands behind the clubhouse to let all of the creatures free and let nature take care of them. We did take some pictures from Maddi's phone, but I don't know how to send them to my email, so you're spared the nasty rodent and creapy amphibian pictures.

1 comment:

EBD said...

Frogs are cool, mice are not! At least they were not in your house!