Sweet little Emalyn Faith is 6 months old!!! We just got back from the doctor and she had 3 shots and her rotovirus vaccine. She didn't scream like before, just cried and then I picked her up and it was all good. Man, I hate taking her for shots.
Look at that sweet smile! She's teething, you can see her bottom gums are swollen and we're waiting for a tooth or two to pop through. She isn't fussy and doesn't drool too much. She definitely chews on her fingers, but she's always been a finger muncher, so I'd say so far teething isn't so bad. I think her eyes are changing color too. They're still a blueish gray but not so blue. Sometimes they are pretty blue, but other times not so much. When I was pregnant I had a dream I was holding a little girl with light brown wavy hair with green eyes. We'll see if my dream was telling or not.
My favorite face. Ha ha. This girl has been busy growing in the last 2 months. She now weighs 16 pounds 13 ounces, which is 75th percentile. She's in the 97th percentile for height at 27 1/2 inches and her head is 43 cm at 74th percentile. The dr. actually rechecked her head measurement and made sure the nurse plotted her growth chart correctly because she has grown so much! How did she get so big? By eating 5 or 6 times/day of breast milk or formula and eating baby food mixed with baby food 2 or 3 times/day. She will not eat her baby food unless it's mixed in rice cereal or oatmeal. The other day we ate mexican food and we gave he some rice and refried beans and she LOVED it. She said "mmmmm" with each bite. I think she'll be like my other kids and want more real food and none of that baby food business. She's sleeping about 10 hours at night, sometimes longer. She naps 2 or 3 times for an hour or two, if we're home, otherwise she naps here and there while we're out and about. She wears size 3 diapers and mostly 6-12 month clothes. She's very smiley and happy and goes with the flow.
You can see in this picture, she's sitting up now. I wouldn't leave her sitting alone because she won't stay for too long, but she does sit. She's not really into sitting so much and she wants to get on the floor and go after things. Not crawling, but she's rolling and scooting and spinning on her tummy. She's doing much better with torticollis, but still getting therapy once/week. She loves her play gym with toys that hang above her, the ultrasaucer, and the swing (she grabs the bars of the swing as she's swinging). She hangs out in the bouncy seat in my bathroom while I get ready but she's trying to flip herself out of it sometimes too. Life as we know it is about to change and I don't think I'm ready for that!
Cade and Maddison just love Emalyn and she kicks and squeals and has big smiles for them too. She grabs Maddi's hair all the time and grabs Cade's face. I'm pretty sure she's trying to say "mama". She cries and says "mmmmmaaaaaa", especially when I'm not with her/holding her. It almost sounds like Emma too, but I like to think she's saying "ma" or "mom".
She is growing and doing new things every day. It's so fun and we're so glad that Maddi and Cade get to be a part of it. Now they can see what it was like for us to experience them as babies and how fun they were. Emalyn is one lucky little girl to have such a good big brother and sister, I have a feeling she'll be pretty spoiled. The other day at Red Robin, she didn't want to go in her carseat so I asked one of them to give her a balloon string to play with and distract her. Both kids came running over and gave her 4 balloons to play with to make her happy. I think she's gonna have Maddi, Daddy, and Cade all wrapped around her finger. Not Mama, no way, not me.....Happy 6 month Birthday baby girl!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment