Monday, May 17, 2010

Another year older


Me and my big and little ones at dinner for my birthday. Brett and I were dating when I was old enough to drink and now we're married with 3 kiddos and I am now old enough to be President. How did I get so old?

I thought this picture was so cute of Emalyn with her feet on the table. She loves to kick her feet if she can feel the table or chair or computer desk or whatever while she's drinking her bottle. I know it's rude to put your feet on the table, but her little baby feet are so cute I don't care what she puts them on.

This is me finding out that Brett has planned a trip for me and Brett and Kim and Dan to go to Las Vegas to see Lady Gaga! The kids knew all about it and were so excited for me to find out. We aren't going until March of 2011, but it will be well worth the wait. I'm so excited!

So many times I pick the decent pictures to put on the blog, but this is what most of the pictures look like that I don't put on here. Check out Maddi's face, it looks like she's strangling Cade and Cade looks like he's having a great time. I'm holding down Emalyn's hands so she doesn't get into the cake and you can see the frustration on her face. That's a real glimpse of life.

See, now we all look like we're one big, happy family (except Emalyn still doesn't look too thrilled). I love that Cade chose to wear his big brother shirt. He hasn't worn it since the day Emalyn came home from the hospital and he got it out and wore it especially for my birthday. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, kids make celebrations even more fun.

Our family of 5! Emalyn was not cooperating one bit for the pictures. She was very happy, but she's just in her own world exploring and learning about everything and she has no interest in taking pictures.

We ate at Uncle Julio's for dinner and some of our friends met us there. They put us at the table right next to the tortilla makers which was so great for the kids. Chase, Maddi, Cade and Nolan were having a great time together. We went over to our friends house afterwards and it was such a wonderful birthday.

In other news, Emalyn has her first tooth! I can't get a picture of it yet. She was 6 months and 1 week old. I looked and Maddi got her first tooth at 4 months and 1 week, and Cade was 5 months and 1 week old. Kind of weird that they were each one month later than each other. Emalyn has also learned how to blow razzberries and it's so funny. She just laughs and giggles when we blow them at her and she blows them right back. Maddi LOVES this about Emalyn. Emalyn also has a new face where she smiles and her nose squooshes up. So cute and funny, but again, haven't caught it in a picture yet.

No comments: